Contribute
Register

Haswell-E + X99 Motherboard Temporary Guide - OS X 10.9.4 / 10.9.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haswell-E + X99 Motherboard Temporary Guide - OS X 10.9.4

That's funny because I just had the same error doing something else on my work computer... Anyway it's because you don't have Xcode installed. Probably should have mentioned that, sorry. I'll make things easier for you and just attach the kext.

Attachments

• AppleIntelInfo.kext.zip
    34.1 KB · Views: 117

That's funny because I just had the same error doing something else on my work computer... Anyway it's because you don't have Xcode installed. Probably should have mentioned that, sorry. I'll make things easier for you and just attach the kext.

ho ho Kernel panic :)

Ok will attempt it this weekend. Could you come up with a guide to share for ASUS please (once you have your desktop)?

Did you use the AHCI injector and DSDT provided in the earlier pages?

Hey jono, i think you had asked before if anyone tried the x99m Killer, I got mine up and running last night. Need to do more extensive testing but it was stable for 3-4 hours, Audio worked, Ethernet worked and graphics was fine (some artifacts but ill install the nvidia drivers when i get back later tonight)

OK warning- no Haswell-E CPU support in 10.9.5. Do not update til there is a procedure worked out. The kernel will update and you will not be able to boot.

Hey if any of you have an Asus x99 board I'm willing to start working on a MacIASL patch list. Pleas post at least a virgin DSDT and an ioreg. I'd prefer a clover F3 acpi dump (hit F3 at the clover GUI. Mount the EFI partition and post the EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/origin folder and an ioreg). Thanks in advance

10.9.5 Update Procedure (testing)

Immediately following 10.9.5 installation and shutdown:

1. Reboot using UniBeast USB back to OS X Installer,
2. Open Utilities/Terminal
3. Patch the kernel on the system drive /Volumes/Mavericks/ root as follows

Assuming your installation drive is called "Mavericks" enter the following code:

Code:
perl -pi -e 's|\x74\x11\x83\xF8\x3C|\x74\x11\x83\xF8\x3F|g' /Volumes/Mavericks/mach_kernel

4. Reboot normally.

(EDIT: Not working.)

10.9.5 Update Procedure (testing)

Immediately following 10.9.5 installation and shutdown:

1. Reboot using UniBeast USB back to OS X Installer,
2. Open Utilities/Terminal
3. Patch the kernel on the system drive /Volumes/Mavericks/ root as follows

Assuming your installation drive is called "Mavericks" enter the following code:

Code:
perl -pi -e 's|\x74\x11\x83\xF8\x3C|\x74\x11\x83\xF8\x3F|g' /Volumes/Mavericks/mach_kernel

4. Reboot normally.

(EDIT: Not working.)
Those tricky bastards.

Hopefully the location just moved.

I just updated my macbook to 10.9.5, I should have time later tonight to take a look at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back