Contribute
Register

Haswell-E + X99 Motherboard Temporary Guide - OS X 10.9.4 / 10.9.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm curious because it is supposed to load xmpc by default for haswells CPU.
OS X/Haswell PM does not work by default on non native hardware. That is why you have the "Unknown CPU ..." error.

Hi!

Currently my main parts are:

Gigabyte x99 Gaming G1 Wifi
i7 5970K
16GB Corsair RAM
GTX 770

When install fallowing your instructions I get stuck at the apple logo before I can install onto my hard drive. any suggestions?

i tried running it with bootflags : -v ncpi=0x2000 cpus=1 nv_disable=1.

and it when for about 30 seconds then stopped and went to a blank screen

Thanks a lot!

Hi!

i7 5970K
16GB Corsair RAM
GTX 770

When install fallowing your instructions I get stuck at the apple logo before I can install onto my hard drive. any suggestions?

Thanks a lot!
5970k ? o_O are you sure? exist on x99?

first: Plug your Usb key on the rear usb 2 port
2nd: you can try GraphicsEnabler=No and not nv_disable=1

If still doesn't works, it cause you did not propely patched the Kernel on your Unibeast key.

Hi!

i7 5970K
16GB Corsair RAM
GTX 770

Thanks a lot!

i7-5970K is not on the support list for the Gigabyte x99 Gaming G1 Wifi - Gigabyte

I'm curious if someone on X99 asus board achieved xcmp although I do not need it I can't sleep without knowing the trick :)

Sorry I mean 5930k!

I installed unibeast onto the thumbdrive and then put the VoodooTSCSync.kex 6 cores into the extra\extensions\ folder.

after that i opened terminal and copied and pasted

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x74\x11\x83\xF8\x3C|\x74\x11\x83\xF8\x3F|g' /Volumes/USB/mach_kernel

and

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\xEB\x0A\x83\xF8\x3A|\xEB\x0A\x83\xF8\x3F|g' /Volumes/USB/mach_kernel

Looks like we may see Radeon r9 290x and 295x support
Details: Radeon r9 M290x and M295x, different parts. AMD8000Controller framebuffers have only DP connectors. Desktop support likely remains a struggle.

Sorry I mean 5930k!

I installed unibeast onto the thumbdrive and then put the VoodooTSCSync.kex 6 cores into the extra\extensions\ folder.

after that i opened terminal and copied and pasted

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x74\x11\x83\xF8\x3C|\x74\x11\x83\xF8\x3F|g' /Volumes/USB/mach_kernel

and

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\xEB\x0A\x83\xF8\x3A|\xEB\x0A\x83\xF8\x3F|g' /Volumes/USB/mach_kernel

Just for fun i tried the new Unibeast 5.0 with yosemite from AppStore,
i changed the kernel by the kernel already patched for x99 into the Unibeast key then i restarted.

Stuck, i have a system nano second...

ps: as usualy, i wrote like bootflags ncpi=0x2000 cpus=1 GE=no

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back