Contribute
Register

Haswell-E + X99 Motherboard Temporary Guide - OS X 10.9.4 / 10.9.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

MSR Dumper is still reporting the status of the multiplier through Console. I have attached a simple install/remove tool to this post (remember to remove after use due to clogging up the log file). I can confirm Speedstep doesn´t work, Turboboost is OK though...

Guide:
1. INSTALL MSR Dumper using tool
2. Restart
3. Open Console (/Applications/Utilities/Console)
4. Watch for the current multiplier in "All Messages" (likely "43" if you are running 4,3GHz)
5. REMOVE MSR Dumper using tool to avoid log file clogging up.
6. Restart

Latest Chameleon (2395) have some great improvements as well (boot0fix, boot1fix), moving Geekbench score up by more than 3000! (34000@4,3Ghz)

Regards,

Marius

Attachments

• MSR Dumper Install & Remove.mpkg.zip
    20.2 KB · Views: 87
Hi,

MSR Dumper is still reporting the status of the multiplier through Console. I have attached a simple install/remove tool to this post (remember to remove after use due to clogging up the log file). I can confirm Speedstep doesn´t work, Turboboost is OK though...

Latest Chameleon (2395) have some great improvements as well (boot0fix, boot1fix), moving Geekbench score up by more than 3000! (34000@4,3Ghz)

Regards,

Marius

hi Marius and thanks for sharing..
bit I did not really understand what it can be used.
can you explain me? thks

And about speedtest it's annoying that it does not work because I feel that the processor heats up

Hi Sam,

Updated post with guide... :)

Hi Sam,

Updated post with guide... :)
Capture d’écran 2014-09-20 à 15.04.06.png
perfect Marius.
but to understand, the cpu speed is stuck at 4.3 and never go down..right?

Hey Everyone-

Starting to do some x99 shopping and have a couple quick questions, haven't done any customacs since my 3930k a couple years ago.

Is anyone running a giga x99 UD5, and it's all working well? And also are the M.2 ports a viable option for us? (EDIT: reading manual now...1x m.2 for ssd drive)

Thanks-

Hi Sam,

Yes, your CPU is fixed at 4.3GHz...

Regards,

Marius

Has any ASUS motherboard owners have use the UEFIpatcher to patch their MB bios and willing to guide me, explain me or show me the way to find information on how to use this Patcher. I have use the PMPatcher before but now there is a new tools which is this one but don't know if it is use the same way as of PMPatcher. Can someone show me some light on this regard. TIA guys.

Has any ASUS motherboard owners have use the UEFIpatcher to patch their MB bios and willing to guide me, explain me or show me the way to find information on how to use this Patcher. I have use the PMPatcher before but now there is a new tools which is this one but don't know if it is use the same way as of PMPatcher. Can someone show me some light on this regard. TIA guys.

I did not use the patch, but may be I should have.

yes thats rigth thats way I haven't tray with my board, I been around others forum to where this Patching come from and they don't have a guide like they had for the PMPatch one, and that's way I have posted this question here to se if someone came help the ASUS guys nubby like me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back