Contribute
Register

Haswell-E + X99 Motherboard "blended" solution for installing OS X 10.10.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry i read only now your post,
as he Said, turn to 0.

now, i'm trying to activate IMessage with some informations as i red in différents forums with clover but It still doesn't works actualy. If you find something...

I'm with you - I'm now trying to get iMessage working. bomerr talked about using the SMBIOS > serial number and SmUUID fields, as well as System Parameters (I'm guessing UUID) to also get iMessage working.

So far, no luck - no working iMessage. I thought that was the whole point of using Clover was getting iMessage to work was successful...?? :?:

I'm with you - I'm now trying to get iMessage working. bomerr talked about using the SMBIOS > serial number and SmUUID fields, as well as System Parameters (I'm guessing UUID) to also get iMessage working.

So far, no luck - no working iMessage. I thought that was the whole point of using Clover was getting iMessage to work was successful...?? :?:

My understanding is that Clover allows for the persistence of your ROM and MLB values between power ups/downs. These values are now read from your SMUUID and your Board Serial Number, not to be confused with your Serial Number. Your MLB number is read from the Board Serial Number and the ROM is read as the last 12 values of you SMUUID. You can create a Board Serial Number in CC by adding random alpha numeric values to your Serial Number until it's 17 digits in length.

This http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/110471-how-fix-imessage.html has a wealth of information on the topic.

Just out of curiosity is your X99 system fully up and functional?

My understanding is that Clover allows for the persistence of your ROM and MLB values between power ups/downs. These values are now read from your SMUUID and your Board Serial Number, not to be confused with your Serial Number. Your MLB number is read from the Board Serial Number and the ROM is read as the last 12 values of you SMUUID. You can create a Board Serial Number in CC by adding random alpha numeric values to your Serial Number until it's 17 digits in length.

This http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/110471-how-fix-imessage.html has a wealth of information on the topic.

Just out of curiosity is your X99 system fully up and functional?

I'll have to do some additional study on that thread, then. I do notice that the boot up and shut-down speed is a bit snappier with Clover vs. Chameleon.

And my system is as "fully" up & functional as I think I can get it, given that it's all work-arounds due to no current Apple support of X99 platform:
GB with iMac14,2.png

I'll have to do some additional study on that thread, then. I do notice that the boot up and shut-down speed is a bit snappier with Clover vs. Chameleon.

And my system is as "fully" up & functional as I think I can get it, given that it's all work-arounds due to no current Apple support of X99 platform:
View attachment 113900

Haha. Roger that. It definitely seems like quite an endeavor at this point to get the X99 systems going so congrats. :clap:

I'm not quite that adventurous so I'll wait for Apple to refresh their line and hopefully this will included native support for X99.

Haha. Roger that. It definitely seems like quite an endeavor at this point to get the X99 systems going so congrats. :clap:

I'm not quite that adventurous so I'll wait for Apple to refresh their line and hopefully this will included native support for X99.

Interesting side-note: I just ran GeekBench on the new seemingly-functional Clover install. My score took about a 3.4k nose dive under Clover (~23,400 vs the screen shot of my Chameleon-based build a couple posts back).

I'm not sure if iMessage is all that important for me that I'm willing to sacrifice that kind of performance hit just to get iMessage working. Honestly, it would be more important for me to get native audio and/or HDMI audio working before I would worry about iMessage. I'm no longer in the iOS eco-system where messaging with others between iOS devices and my Mac warrants the extra hassles of trying to tweak under Clover to get the same performance results.

My X99 build will be my Music Studio 3.0 build :headbang:

I can post my settings if you still need them, but to get it to boot automatically you need to enter volume name in Boot section, Default Boot Volume.

So if your Mac volume is Yosemite (if you followed installation procedures) then write Yosemite in your Default Boot Volume setting, put timeout on 0 and reboot.

Small note, I'm not sure if 0 means wait for input or disable timeout, so test with 1 for a start.

I can post my settings if you still need them, but to get it to boot automatically you need to enter volume name in Boot section, Default Boot Volume.

So if your Mac volume is Yosemite (if you followed installation procedures) then write Yosemite in your Default Boot Volume setting, put timeout on 0 and reboot.

Small note, I'm not sure if 0 means wait for input or disable timeout, so test with 1 for a start.

OH! Thanks for that tip! Yeah, I think I left it as MacHDD or whatever the default was. I'll give that a try :)

But will still have the issue of my GB showing that, under Clover, my system doesn't run as fast or work as efficiently. Hmmmm...what to do....what to do... :)

Hmm, I don't have answer to that one, I can test it with Uniboot USB to see if I'm going to get any difference there.

Hi BoomR,

I've been following your posts on various threads about your x99 install and I was wondering if you could give some advice for a first-time hackintosh installer with a similar x99 build. Let me apologize for my ignorance in advance, but I have never done this before and I think I may have bit off a bit more than I can chew. First mistake was probably getting an x99 for a first time install.

Anyway, from what I can gather from the various threads on the subject, the most success for a system like mine has been with the "blended' solution that you describe in this thread. Until now I have been trying the Unibeast/Multibeast method from this thread. I have been able to intstall Yosemite and start the installation from the USB bootloader, but have run into trouble when it comes to booting directly from the drive.

Would you be able to describe the steps you used to get your system running from bios settings to final install? I know it's a lot to ask but I'm having trouble piecing together all the different methods. I'd greatly appreciate any help from anyone in this thread for that matter.

Thank you!

Interesting side-note: I just ran GeekBench on the new seemingly-functional Clover install. My score took about a 3.4k nose dive under Clover (~23,400 vs the screen shot of my Chameleon-based build a couple posts back).

I'm not sure if iMessage is all that important for me that I'm willing to sacrifice that kind of performance hit just to get iMessage working. Honestly, it would be more important for me to get native audio and/or HDMI audio working before I would worry about iMessage. I'm no longer in the iOS eco-system where messaging with others between iOS devices and my Mac warrants the extra hassles of trying to tweak under Clover to get the same performance results.

My X99 build will be my Music Studio 3.0 build :headbang:
Probably something to do with the configuration rather than the bootloader itself. For the highest GB score you probably want nullcpupowermanagement, all of the generatecstates/pstates stuff disabled, drop the stock ssdt, and if you are overclocked try generating an ssdt for your overclock with ssdtrprgen. I generated some overclocked ssdts a while back, they're somewhere in the mavericks thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back