Contribute
Register

Has ANYBODY Successfully installed on Asrock Z97 Extreme6?

Status
Not open for further replies.
SERGE2013, thanks a lot for that detailed, helpful and encouraging reply. :mrgreen:

I disconnected all drives and managed to get el capitan running on a brand new 128gb sandisk SSD i got just for it. However, where I really need your help is with the post boot setup with Multibeast, where it asks stuff about drivers, bootloaders, build, customize etc.

Is there anyone who can help me setting up with this particular motherboard and i7 4770 (non-k) plus MSI 970?

I'm assuming that since I have a fairly common setup, could I get a saved config from somewhere like someone posted a couple of pages back? OR just any guide as to what options would work for me. I would usually do a ton of reading before doing something like this but am in the middle of a project and need to get a hackintosh up and running super fast.

As for multiboot, I am willing to simply disconnect each OS's drive while using the other one. Its not that much of a hassle since I have the side of my casing open like a heathen anyways.

That would be enough for me to get things rolling. The biggest change I guess would be using nvidia web drivers for Maxwell I'm guessing. I'm also planning to use an external usb3/esata enclosure with this setup. Does esata work with serious like these?

Here I am attaching my config.plist (note the boot scheme name - it should be installed properly in the clover directory under Themes section): View attachment config.plist

All my bays are internal, but external should work with no issues - matching ports just needed to be set up properly in motherboard settings, that's it! External USB3, yes working OK.

I am using the latest nvidia web driver update for YOSEMITE (see below).

Screen Shot 2015-12-01 at 3.59.24 AM.png

Note: mind to change as per your hardware:

Boot -> your Default Boot Volume

Cpu -> your Frequency MHz

Devices: I have used the HDA patch so both sound card works and HDA through HDMI (which I am using), that is why Audio Inject = 2

Gui > your Screen Resolution and Theme

Rt Variables and SMBIOS should be taken from your motherboard.

I have used MacPro5,1 definition for the correct sleep function.

Cheers,
Serge

Hey guys,

I think that I've got same problem as you (I cannot boot Clover from my SSD), the only one way to boot it is from USB, is there any fix for it? Mobo z97ex9 so I think the ex6 config will work on my mobo but anyone has an idea how to fix booting?

I can't find the link at this moment, but someone said that you have to add clover boot entries from the boot options menu from clover to be able to boot without USB.

I'm facing the same problem and its very frustrating because I am unable to find the link . Will post when I do.

As for other things,

I am running el capitan, have yet to apply Serge's config file.

Can't get nvidia 970 to run. I STILL have to add nv_disable=1 option to boot arguements in clover to boot into elcapitan. This makes installing nvidia drivers pointless as the GPU is undetectable.

Any idea how to get the GPU working? Or how to disable GPU completely and run through intel hd4600 only?

Here I am attaching my config.plist (note the boot scheme name - it should be installed properly in the clover directory under Themes section): View attachment 165054

Boot -> your Default Boot Volume

Cpu -> your Frequency MHz

Devices: I have used the HDA patch so both sound card works and HDA through HDMI (which I am using), that is why Audio Inject = 2

Gui > your Screen Resolution and Theme

Rt Variables and SMBIOS should be taken from your motherboard.

I have used MacPro5,1 definition for the correct sleep function.

Cheers,
Serge

Can you please clarify how I can obtain values for rt variables and SMBIOS ? Should not be similar for our motherboards? And I have a i7 4790 NOT a 4770 (if that makes a difference)

I did get some values from 'hardware report' such as serial no. etc but would like some further clarification about rt variables and SMBIOS. Thanks in advance

Did you use MB or go straight to clover settings after install?

Hey Serge2013! Finally got it to run! Thanks a LOT for your help! :mrgreen:

There is just one issue though, I am unable to get any sound. Any solutions to that? And I can only boot using USB and the Clover version on that (unibeast). Trying to boot through the clover version on ssd alone leads to kernel panic during booting. That is not as big as an issue sound is though.

Hmmm... once you got it up and running it should be not an issue to boot from SSD once SSD itself is able to boot via EFI (e.g. my old SAMSUNG XP941 was not compatible with EFI booting at all so I boot CLOVER from another HDD used for data backup and then boot OSX from XP941, which is totally OK however the new SM951 is known as bootable without issues). Try to mount your SSD EFI partition and make sure EFI/CLOVER folder is exactly the same as the one on your current working boot device.

To see all partitions in the Disk Utility there is a hint [Debug Mode]:
http://macs.about.com/od/usingyourmac/qt/Enable-Disk-Utilitys-Debug-Menu.htm

You will also need to mount your boot EFI partition to fix sound issue (the tool is working when EFI is mounted), here is the link:
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/298819-yosemite-audio-realtek-alc-applehda/

In case you want HDMI audio working (which is the best possible quality since the digital stream is transmitted to your HDMA receiver/DAC, which is probably way better than the one on the motherboard), you would need this one patch:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/hdmi-audio/145399-clover-hdmi-audio-nvidia-amd-cards-easy-way.html

So that you can set up all the audio stream parameters using OSX's Audio MIDI Setup tool.

Both patches worked for me, so that main audio goes via HDMI to the AV receiver, system sounds go to CINEMA display via DisplayPort and Skype calls go via Logitech wireless headphones.

The only annoying thing with HDMA audio is a quick screen flicker when I turn the AV receiver on/off but it is videocard's hardware switching so not much to do about it.

Hope it helps!

Hmmm... once you got it up and running it should be not an issue to boot from SSD once SSD itself is able to boot via EFI (e.g. my old SAMSUNG XP941 was not compatible with EFI booting at all so I boot CLOVER from another HDD used for data backup and then boot OSX from XP941, which is totally OK however the new SM951 is known as bootable without issues). Try to mount your SSD EFI partition and make sure EFI/CLOVER folder is exactly the same as the one on your current working boot device.

To see all partitions in the Disk Utility there is a hint [Debug Mode]:
http://macs.about.com/od/usingyourmac/qt/Enable-Disk-Utilitys-Debug-Menu.htm

You will also need to mount your boot EFI partition to fix sound issue (the tool is working when EFI is mounted), here is the link:
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/298819-yosemite-audio-realtek-alc-applehda/

In case you want HDMI audio working (which is the best possible quality since the digital stream is transmitted to your HDMA receiver/DAC, which is probably way better than the one on the motherboard), you would need this one patch:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/hdmi-audio/145399-clover-hdmi-audio-nvidia-amd-cards-easy-way.html

So that you can set up all the audio stream parameters using OSX's Audio MIDI Setup tool.

Both patches worked for me, so that main audio goes via HDMI to the AV receiver, system sounds go to CINEMA display via DisplayPort and Skype calls go via Logitech wireless headphones.

The only annoying thing with HDMA audio is a quick screen flicker when I turn the AV receiver on/off but it is videocard's hardware switching so not much to do about it.

Hope it helps!

Once again thank you for all the trouble shooting and help. :clap:

EDIT:

Everything is working perfectly.

Copying EFI from Unibeast bootale USB to EFI of SSD did not work.

I took the easy way out and simply ran Multibeast from desktop and ONLY selected Realtek ALC 1150 audio as well as UEFI bootloader options. Boots like a charm from SSD now and have fully working HDMI audio. Doubt that other audio works but dont need it any ways as have TV hooked up to hackintosh.

Once again, I can't thank you enough SERGE2013 for your immense patience and prompt replies to my incredibly naive questions. Your patience and assistance was integral to getting a stable setup running. THANK YOU! :headbang::mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back