Contribute
Register

Has ANYBODY Successfully installed on Asrock Z97 Extreme6?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370N Wifi
CPU
Intel i7 8700
Graphics
Intel UHD630
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
  5. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. Classic
  3. Power Mac
  4. PowerBook
  5. Quadra
  6. SE/30
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Based upon the buyers' guide, I purchased ax ASROCK|Z97 EXTREME6 (LGA 1150) -- (noted as the top performer/value on Tom's Hardware), along with a 4790K, etc...

I'm looking for anybody who has successfully built with this board. This is my third Hackintosh, and I am having some basic issues, i.e., it installs fine but won't boot. Looking for some help with BIOS settings (as a beginning). Just would like to know that a) somebody successfully used this board (otherwise, WHY IS IT IN THE BUYING GUIDE?) and b) did you change the BIOS?

Thanks in advance. A prior longer post, with much more detail, has resulted in zero response!

Yes, sort of..

Just finished my first ever Hackintosh install.
Same exact hardware as you. Dual-Booting with windows 8.1

Currently I have no audio but otherwise Yosemite seems to be running fine (peripherals, network, graphics)
I think I may be in over my head with all this kernel terminology so I'd be happy to get someone in a similar situation to where I'm at!

Where are you stuck at?

My install goes fine. And I can reboot to the USB drive, and use Yosemite where it's installed. However, when I remove the USB and actually try to boot from the SSD where Yosemite is installed, it doesn't recognize the drive.

The system is dual boot with both SSD and regular hard drives for both Win and Mac. I also successfully installed Yosemite on the HD, but it is not recognized either. So I'm thinking that there is some incompatibility between my board and the drives?

In any event, you are able to boot fine? What sort of HD and/or SSD are you using, and what were your multibeast settings?

I have the same problem with my Asrock Extreme 6. I installed Yosemite fine with Clover on a fresh SSD, but I can't boot it without the installation USB with Clover. Also, it's not detecting my ethernet :(

Hi, I just completed the Mavericks build with the Asrock Z97 and i7 4790k. I got the installation to work. It, like yours, only will boot from the USB where the install file was on. If someone could help me get that to hard drive that would be great.

Also, while doing some stuff in Multibeast, I got my ethernets and sound working. But my problem is that the computer just freezes within like 7 minutes from logging in. How can I solve this problem too? Thanks to anyone who can help.

Still no luck on my end, getting it to boot from the drive. Only the USB works

Hey guys,

Did any of you get this to work? I am looking to purchase the same mobo. I would appreciate your feedback, thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back