Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
asus maximus x hero
CPU
Graphics
evga geforce gtx 1080ti
Hi folks,

Searched a lot but no one quite seems to have this problem, at least from what I found --

Only my boot drive is showing up in system report / etc. External USB drives don't show; the other internal drive isn't showing either.

It was working just fine initially -- had it running for about a day -- but clearly I broke something. Was working fine (or so I thought) when I went to bed; turned on the computer the next day and it was gone. The computer and the install are brand new, just put it together last weekend, so things are still getting tweaked.

Everything else is working great. Drives show up on BIOS, everything else plugged into the USB ports is workin' just fine. I've even got sound.

Not power; other internal is on the same cable as the working SSD / tried switching it / USB externals don't work either
Not SATA cable; switched it out, and again, USB drives aren't working either

My initial thought was that the hard drive was bad after other troubleshooting, but with everything else on the machine going, I finally brought it into work this morning and plugged in my exernals . . . and nada.

FixSATA doesn't help, FixUSB just gives me a kernel panic. usbinjectall seems to make no difference to anything at all. And I'm very new at this, so not quite sure where to go next, or if those were even sensible attempts at a solution. So sorry for that.

Running Sierra 10.12.6.

My S/L/E and EFI are zipped and attached; config is also attached.

Anybody got any thoughts!?

Thanks!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    20.8 MB · Views: 112
  • config.plist
    4.7 KB · Views: 215
  • Extensions.zip
    2 MB · Views: 102
Been busy with work, finally got to work on it again today. No progress. However, what's weirder -- the external Clover boot drive I originally set up gets found! But still no other externals out of the three I've tried, or the other internal . . .

I have the same issue and was going to post about it.

My sata boot disk works and the whole system is fine, except that my 2 x sata HDD only show up sometimes. Appears to be purely random as to when they work and when they don't.

I check for their presence with diskutil list, System Profiler and Disk Utility

They always appear in the BIOS.

This is a fresh 10.13.6 install (built today). EFI folder is attached.

Specs:
GA Z370N
i5 8400
16GB ram
1 x sata SSD (samsung)
2 x sata HDD (WD)

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    24 MB · Views: 105
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back