Contribute
Register

Hard drive shows as external in disk utility, icons correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Z68X-UD3H-B3
CPU
I5-2500K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have seen a lot of comments about getting hard drives to show as internal on the desktop (the icons), usually by installing 3rdpartysata.kext in multibeast, which I have done. What about in disk utility, it still labels the drive as external. Anyway of getting this to show internal?
I know it's only cosmetic, but just trying to get my machine spit polished perfect. :headbang:
Thanks!

That kext should work.

You could use something like Candybar to change the icon itself.

Gmtech79 said:
I have seen a lot of comments about getting hard drives to show as internal on the desktop (the icons), usually by installing 3rdpartysata.kext in multibeast, which I have done. What about in disk utility, it still labels the drive as external. Anyway of getting this to show internal?
I know it's only cosmetic, but just trying to get my machine spit polished perfect. :headbang:
Thanks!
Hi Gmtech79,

i use IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector in MultiBeast and that shows my internal hard drives in silver on the desktop and silver inside Disk Utilities. When i connect an external hard drive then the external hard drive shows in Orange so this should work for you too.

My icons show correct. I was talking about what is shown for connection type. See screenshot(not mine, just for illustration). My connection type (highlighted red) says external.

Attachments

• osx1.jpg
    osx1.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 202
Gmtech79 said:
My icons show correct. I was talking about what is shown for connection type. See screenshot(not mine, just for illustration). My connection type (highlighted red) says external.

Whoa i must have been drunk! Sorry. Mine say the same in diskutil.

I have a similar, though slightly more complicated, situation. I have 3 internal hard drives, but two are hot swappable. I would like the fixed internal disk to show up as internal and the other two to show up as external. I think I even had it going by accident earlier tonight, but I wasn't documenting how I did it, and now I'm back to square one...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back