Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus H97M-E
CPU
Intel Core i5-4460
Graphics
Radeon HD 7870
A half year ago I have had a hackintosh installed on a computer (sorry cannot remember the hardware i used but it was completely different from the new one), and it worked fine except the fact that when i was trying to shoot it down it cpu halted every time. After a while its hard drive seemed to break showing error something like that while trying to repair it in verbos mode or recovery mode:
Incorrect number of thread records (4, 24608)
And after that, it said that could not recover the drive and restarted(in the case of verbose mode)
I have had to reinstall the operation system every time i got the problem, to get it working for at least some weeks until the next failure arised.
Now I moved to a newer hackintosh which i installed from the scratch (the specs you can see in my profile). And it did not even have a shooting down problem but still got in to the same problem with a hard drive. Although i noticed that it had rebooted a few times by itself, without me touching anything.
How can i prevent the hard drive from breaking like that every time? And can I repair the disk with other methods? right now i am trying to make a bootable diskWarrior from windows, may be it is able to repair my disk

P.S. I have almost no money left right now and my work is dependend on mac, so please help me:D

Just opened the broken drive to save projects and noticed this folder. May be it will provide you with some information.
YhXzNu8.png

After backing up correctly, you could download the diagnostic tools that manufacturers typically supply for their drives and run a diagnostic scan.

It could be that you have some bad blocks on the disk, which result in hard errors.

Usually, the manufacturers diagnostic software is able to recognise these and mark them as retired so they are not used again in the future.

i noticed that it had rebooted a few times by itself

My guess is that it is the crashes / kernel panics that are causing the corruption of the file system on the hard drive.

After backing up correctly, you could download the diagnostic tools that manufacturers typically supply for their drives and run a diagnostic scan.

It could be that you have some bad blocks on the disk, which result in hard errors.

Usually, the manufacturers diagnostic software is able to recognise these and mark them as retired so they are not used again in the future.
As I said I have the same problem on different devices, in fact, I am getting the problems on 3 different hard drives. And they act just the same. So it should not be a hard drive bad blocks problem.

My guess is that it is the crashes / kernel panics that are causing the corruption of the file system on the hard drive.
I also think so. But the new self-restarting problem does not even give me an error after the mac is started. What could be a problem?

I also think so. But the new self-restarting problem does not even give me an error after the mac is started. What could be a problem?

There are many possible causes.
The first thing that I would suggest is to run the same hardware with a different operating system to see if the crashes still occur.

If it doesn't crash when stress testing in another operating system then it must be your OS X installation that is the cause.

Is there a way to just skip the disk check at the start up?

Disk warrior is getting stuck at the apple logo.:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back