Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3P
Core i3-3225 Ivy Bridge 3.3GHz HD Graphics 4000
OCZ Solid 3 SLD3-25SAT3-120G 2.5" 120GB SATA III
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 Desktop Memory
Thermaltake 430W ATX12V V2.2
LG DVD Burner SATA Model GH24NS90
TP-Link PCI Express Adapter(TL-WDN4800)
Logitech Wireless Solar Keyboard K750 for Mac

motherboard/BIOS is detecting the OCZ drive fine but when attempting to install Mountain Lion from my Unibeast USB drive, there are no drives shown as available to install to.

quick/fast boot is disabled, and SATA is configured as AHCI. not sure if I'm missing any other BIOS settings but I don't believe so. wilreless mouse and bluetooth keyboard working great.

any help greatly appreciated, this is my first ever build of any machine.

Thanks!

Make sure the hard drive is hooked up to one of the five SATA 2 ports not a SATA 3 port.

Chipset:
  1. 1 x SATA 6Gb/s connector (SATA3 0) supporting up to 1 SATA 6Gb/s device
  2. 5 x SATA 3Gb/s connectors (SATA2 1~5) supporting up to 5 SATA 3Gb/s devices

Marvell 88SE9172 chip:
  1. 2 x SATA 6Gb/s connectors (GSATA3 6~7) supporting up to 2 SATA 6Gb/s devices
  2. Support for RAID 0 and RAID 1

Brand new system from scratch:

Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3P
Core i3-3225 Ivy Bridge 3.3GHz HD Graphics 4000
OCZ Solid 3 SLD3-25SAT3-120G 2.5" 120GB SATA III
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 Desktop Memory
Thermaltake 430W ATX12V V2.2
LG DVD Burner SATA Model GH24NS90
TP-Link PCI Express Adapter(TL-WDN4800)
Logitech Wireless Solar Keyboard K750 for Mac

motherboard/BIOS is detecting the OCZ drive fine but when attempting to install Mountain Lion from my Unibeast USB drive, there are no drives shown as available to install to.

quick/fast boot is disabled, and SATA is configured as AHCI. not sure if I'm missing any other BIOS settings but I don't believe so. wilreless mouse and bluetooth keyboard working great.

any help greatly appreciated, this is my first ever build of any machine.

Thanks!
There's no good reason to believe your Sata III drive needs to be connected to a Sata II Port. If the bios finds the drive then I'm guessing you're missing a few steps. Review your Unibeast instructions, once you boot to Unibeast you need to go to Disk Utility and format a drive for OSX, then it will show up as an install choice...

but when I go to Disk Utility there no drives listed for me to choose from...

Im having the same problem!
I have a SSD and a HDD
Bothe can be seen from the bios but not when I try and install it.
Has anyone fixed this?

Did you qualify your setup with some other OS, like Linux / Ubuntu, firstly? Is Ubuntu, for example, able to see the drive?

Havent tried that yet but would like to. Can you recommend a version of Linux/Ubuntu to test with?

Havent tried that yet but would like to. Can you recommend a version of Linux/Ubuntu to test with?

Ubuntu 12.04 Desktop! It literally takes minutes to install to an SSD assuming you're using an USB install schtick.

I'm having the same issue. The drive already has 10.6.8 on it but will not be recognized during 10.8 installation. It works when I boot into it with my efix 1.1 but not when I boot with the prepared stick. i read on here to patch the usb stick with bridgehelper 4.0. i did that and that broke the stick, i won't even boot to the installer now. However, If I connect the hard drive via usb with an external enclosure , it is recognized. I already have a $20 investment in mountain lion so I'd like to get this working but I don't see how.

OK, so I got Mountain Lion installed, thanks guys! but now I have a new issue i am afraid, I can't boot from the hard disk. It just hangs on the Apple logo. 2012-11-03 23.43.12.jpg

EDIT: '-v GraphicsEnabler=NO' fixes this it seems, but do I have to enter this each time I boot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back