Contribute
Register

Hang on boot/waitForSystemMapper...org.navi.OemBIOS... suggestions please :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you so much for the details! I am able to boot off the USB now and am typing this from firefox after booting into safe mode (-x -v).

I loaded MultiBeast 5.1.2 and have setup the following. Is there anything else I need to try before rebooting? I read somewhere I need to rebuild my cache?

Code:
UserDSDT or DSDT-Free Installation
Drivers&Bootloaders>Drivers>Audio>Realtek ALC8xx>WithDSDT>ALC889a/885
Drivers&Bootloaders>Drivers>Disk>3rd Party SATA
Drivers&Bootloaders>Miscellaneous>FakeSMC
Drivers&Bootloaders>Drivers>Network>Realtek Gigabit Ethernet 2.0.6 for 10.7
Drivers&Bootloaders>Bootloaders>Chimera v1.11.1 r1394

You should be fine with those selections, but installing a new FakeSMC.kext may not remove the OemSMBIO.kext. It will probably be a "merge" install so the kext will still be inside FakeSMC.kext.

BEFORE you reboot, go look at FakeSMC. Go to /System/Library/Extensions. Find FakeSMC.kext. Right-click on it and select "Show Package Contents" Open the Contents folder and the Plugins folder (if it exists). Find OemSMBIOS.kext and drag it to the Trash. Give your password.

THEN you can reboot.

Multibeast rebuilds the cache.

OK! I did it; below is screenshot showing there is no offending file inside the FakeSMC.kext:

I rebooted but am still getting a hard lock. I will edit this post with a pic of it in a sec.

EDIT: I figured it out. For some reason, I had to reinstall the corresponding FakeSMC Plugins (perhaps because I had these installed under 10.8.1?). Now everything works again.

Attachments

• ok.jpg
    ok.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 406
SOLVED!

I edited my guide with these steps so that others may benefit from my experiences.

I want to extend a warm and sincere THANK YOU to all who came to my aid with this. Particularly rlf156.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back