Contribute
Register

Hang on boot/waitForSystemMapper...org.navi.OemBIOS... suggestions please :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte EP45-UD3P r1.6 Bios FB
CPU
X3360 (Xeon Q9550)
Graphics
nVidia 8400GT 512 MB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hang on boot/waitForSystemMapper...org.navi.OemBIOS... [SOLVED]

Just updated my box to v10.8.2 and installed the corresponding nVidia drivers. Now I am unable to boot without entering safe mode (-x). When booting w/ the verbose switch, the problem seems to be:

"waitForSystemMapper..."

For reference, here is a detailed procedure of how I installed my 10.8.1 system that worked perfectly.

Thanks!

Following the advice in this thread. For me:

Code:
$ sudo find /System/Library -name "Oem*"
/System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext/Contents/PlugIns/OemSMBIOS.kext
/System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext/Contents/PlugIns/OemSMBIOS.kext/Contents/MacOS/OemSMBIOS

Should I just delete those? I do not know how to rebuild my cache.

Thanks!

You have a kernel panic on the OemSMBIOS.kext. This is one of the plugins for FakeSMC.kext and the plugins are hidden inside the FakeSMC.kext. You must not be using the latest Multibeast because the plugins in the new Multibeast don't have the OemSMBIOS.kext.

Boot with -x. Navigate to /System/Library/Extensions and find FakeSMC.kext. Right-click on it and select "Show Package Contents". Open the Contents folder and the PlugIns folder. Find OemSMBIOS.kext and drag it to the Trash. Give your password.

Boot as you would normally.

Thanks for the suggestion! Making progress.

1) Totally deleted /System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext
2) Downloaded multibeast 5.1 and ran it installed the sound, network, and 3rd party sata (no fakesmc).

Reboot got further but it is stuck again... I can hit ENTER and get new lines but it seemingly stopped booting:

you NEED fakesmc.

the oemsmbios.kext is a fakesmc plugin. that is NOT needed.

install fakesmc

You can't delete FakeSMC.kext!!! It is mandatory to run a hackintosh. I gave instructions for deleting a kext inside FakeSMC.kext.

Boot your USB drive to the OSX drive. Start up Multibeast. Reinstall FakeSMC.kext.

Darn it. It's in my trash. I booted to single user mode and manually copied it back out of the trash to /S/L/E and rebooted in safemode (-v -x) but and still hanging...

Code:
macx_swapon SUCCESS
waiting for DSMOS...
AppleRTL8169Ethernet: pyhWaitForAutoNegotiation TIMEOUT

The first time you installed with Unibeast, the installation didn't have FakeSMC.kext until you booted again with Unibeast and installed with Multibeast. FakeSMC.kext is on Unibeast. So, just boot like you did that second time, using Unibeast to boot your OSX installation.

OK. Booted with my ML Unibeast USB and selected my system partition. I booted to it using using (-v -x) but it is hanging like it did when I tried without the USB.

Code:
macx_swapon SUCCESS
waiting for DSMOS...

Once the kext was moved to the Trash, it probably lost its ownership to root. It took on ownership to you. Kexts must have an owner of root.

Boot into single user mode again.

Code:
Type:  mount-uw /
Type:  cd /System/Library/Extensions
Type:  chown -R root:wheel FakeSMC.kext
Type:  chmod -R 755 FakeSMC.kext
Type:  cd ../
Type:  touch Extensions
Type:  reboot

Besides setting permissions on the kext, the next problem is that OemSMBIOS.kext is still inside that kext you put in the Trash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back