Contribute
Register

handoff shows as enabled but doesn't work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Research: everymac.com.

I saw on everymac.com and as you can see in the picture the only profile that has my usual CPU is just 18.3. also the RAM is the usual one, the only difference is the video card and the card reader. Being inexperienced I patched the ssdt for how much I succeeded following your guide mapping and using only the usb that are physically installed, the DSDT has not been touched to avoid making mistakes. to install HS I used the guide you posted (thank you very much for this). The PC works well, the only problems is that it does not recognize the Realtek 5250 card reader (from what I read is not compatible), the camera's built-in microphone (I do not even know where to start). The bluetooth range is intermittent at 1 mt away and this is a real nuisance (only for audio):banghead: and handoff is dead.:rolleyes:

Attachments

• 5914D39A-3A9A-4CA6-B028-8F5A945A318A.jpeg
    5914D39A-3A9A-4CA6-B028-8F5A945A318A.jpeg
    128.1 KB · Views: 73
I saw on everymac.com and as you can see in the picture the only profile that has my usual CPU is just 18.3. also the RAM is the usual one, the only difference is the video card and the card reader. Being inexperienced I patched the ssdt for how much I succeeded following your guide mapping and using only the usb that are physically installed, the DSDT has not been touched to avoid making mistakes. to install HS I used the guide you posted (thank you very much for this). The PC works well, the only problems is that it does not recognize the Realtek 5250 card reader (from what I read is not compatible), the camera's built-in microphone (I do not even know where to start). The bluetooth range is intermittent at 1 mt away and this is a real nuisance (only for audio):banghead: and handoff is dead.:rolleyes:

Graphics configuration may be more important than CPU.
And iMac18,3 is an AIO desktop with AMD/Radeon graphics.

Graphics configuration may be more important than CPU.
And iMac18,3 is an AIO desktop with AMD/Radeon graphics.
I would never have said it, but I can not find a profile that has installed the GTX1060. The card on 18.3 with the "nvidia web drivers" work very well.
can it be that with 18.3 I do not work handoff?

I would never have said it, but I can not find a profile that has installed the GTX1060.

Not surprising.
There is no such Apple product.

The card on 18.3 with the "nvidia web drivers" work very well.

Using a desktop SMBIOS may cause issues for other features.
And you may have an issue with GPU PM (requires research).

can it be that with 18.3 I do not work handoff?

Handoff is not reliable on hacks. My advice: ignore.

Not surprising.
There is no such Apple product.

I imagined, therefore I remain in doubt on which smbios to use

Using a desktop SMBIOS may cause issues for other features.
And you may have an issue with GPU PM (requires research).

I do not understand "gpu pm", what do you mean?

Handoff is not reliable on hacks. My advice: ignore.
No problem isn’t important

how can I increase the range of coverage of the bluetooth, it is not possible that over 50cm the audio is not fluid and the lag is embarrassing. starting win the bluetooth works excellently :banghead::crazy:

I imagined, therefore I remain in doubt on which smbios to use

Experimentation is the only way.
Laptop SMBIOS might be expected to work better on a laptop that desktop SMBIOS.

I do not understand "gpu pm", what do you mean?

AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext has specific PM profile data for certain graphics cards, determined by SMBIOS board-id.
Look at AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext/Contents/Info.plist if you're curious.

how can I increase the range of coverage of the bluetooth, it is not possible that over 50cm the audio is not fluid and the lag is embarrassing. starting win the bluetooth works excellently :banghead::crazy:

You find better results if you boot Windows first then restart (warm boot) into macOS?

You find better results if you boot Windows first then restart (warm boot) into macOS?

Then I did a bit of evidence. (with Bluetooth stereo headphones)

Settings used:

SSD with High sierra selected from the boot of the BIOS, when I start clover bootloader I select the windows partition, I tested the headphones and it works all regularly (distance above 5m, excellent sound).

- I restarted the PC, in clover selected HIgh sierra (I tested the headphones but do not associate more with the PC). Performed debugging card but nothing to do.

-I turned off the PC, switched on and always selected High sierra. when the boot is completed, the headphones are associated but the problem of distance remains, etc. etc.:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back