Contribute
Register

[HALF-SUCCESS] iTunes 12.7 constantly crashing (random messages)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So why can’t we use hardware acceleration and iTunes?

It’s bugging me. Even if I use a native Mac-board id like 18.1 or 16.2 which enables hardware decoding iTunes still crashes... :(
The hardware does not match the driver perfectly. Apple has never use HD4600 on its products. If we can find a host with HD5000 and the Haswell CPU, and we can set the type to iMac 14,4. I think it would be ok. But it's not easy, because HD5000 is a mobile product for Intel.

I think there must be a way to enable hw acceleration on HD4600 without crash. Take a look about the freezing problem, HD4600 does not support PAVP, IntelGraphicsFixup bypassed the PAVP to make it stable. So there must be a similar way to fix this problem.

And I bought a discrete graphic card. I will test if it is possible to make my hackintosh like a iMac 15,1 or 14,2. And it may enable hw acceleration on the discrete graphic card to prevent crash. I will post my test result as soon as I finish my test.

Last edited:
Do you please like to share your EFI folder (just remove your serials)?

The attachment is a copy of my EFI/CLOVER directory. The serial number and board serial number have been re-generated. Wish this would give you some help.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 99
The hardware does not match the driver perfectly. Apple has never use HD4600 on its products. If we can find a host with HD5000 and the Haswell CPU, and we can set the type to iMac 14,4. I think it would be ok. But it's not easy, because HD5000 is a mobile product for Intel.

I think there must be a way to enable hw acceleration on HD4600 without crash. Take a look about the freezing problem, HD4600 does not support PAVP, IntelGraphicsFixup bypassed the PAVP to make it stable. So there must be a similar way to fix this problem.

And I bought a discrete graphic card. I will test if it is possible to make my hackintosh like a iMac 15,1 or 14,2. And it may enable hw acceleration on the discrete graphic card to prevent crash. I will post my test result as soon as I finish my test.

I have the Envy j-070 which has the Intel 4600 graphics and just tried the latest Shiki build from source and so far iTunes has been stable. I checked VDAChecker and it says Hardware Acceleration is fully enabled. I am using MacBookPro,11,1. Here is the commit: https://github.com/vit9696/Shiki/commit/d28761c617ee7e7ee7728c4c5c1859a85034cf11

I also am using the latest Lilu from source just to be safe.

I have the Envy j-070 which has the Intel 4600 graphics and just tried the latest Shiki build from source and so far iTunes has been stable. I checked VDAChecker and it says Hardware Acceleration is fully enabled. I am using MacBookPro,11,1. Here is the commit: https://github.com/vit9696/Shiki/commit/d28761c617ee7e7ee7728c4c5c1859a85034cf11

I have just bought a new graphic card...:banghead:

It looks like, with this commit, shiki just disabled AppleGVA for iTunes, is it? If so, I don't think this is a good solution. Maybe in another software, the same function call would cause the same crash.

Last edited:

I’m using Skylake HD530 which uses native drivers but it still crashes.

Although only 17.1 iMacs used this processor and not with the HD530.

I found a MacBook which used HD530 maybe I should use that board ID?

I’m using Skylake HD530 which uses native drivers but it still crashes.

Although only 17.1 iMacs used this processor and not with the HD530.

I found a MacBook which used HD530 maybe I should use that board ID?
be sure that IMEI patched, and 'Trust' checked in clover.

Then I think you can try iMac 16,2 without shiki. No matter what the graphic card is, it is important that if the type has a discrete graphic card. if your hackintosh has a discrete gpu, you should choose the type with a discrete gpu, if not, you should choose the type with IGPU only.

The attachment is a copy of my EFI/CLOVER directory. The serial number and board serial number have been re-generated. Wish this would give you some help.
that helped more than the whole other thread I started ...

Blocking iTunes Music HW DRM check should be a temporary fix for iTunes crashing (from Russian post), still need lilu + shiki. Consequence don't know, may be one issue fixed another issue out.

Tested with below configurations, IQSV fully enabled, iTunes Trailers playback work with VDADecoder.
H110M itx/ac + HD510 + AMD HD6450.
B150 Pro Gaming D3 + HD610 = AMD HD6450.

Before blocking HW DRM, AppleSNBFBUserClient and HW IntelAccelerator all enabled.
upload_2017-11-6_20-56-37.png

After HW DRM blocked (replaced with 10.12.6 CoreKE.framework), only AppleSNBFBUserClient enabled, HW IntelAccelerator not activated. Same as ioreg read out from 10.12.6, no more iTunes crashing.

upload_2017-11-6_20-57-22.png

Any chance you can share the kext file that's built from the latest source?

Hi all. Build last version of Shiki from GitHub repository (https://github.com/vit9696/Shiki) and use boot flag "shikigva=16". Its a workaround for iTunes crashes in 10.13.

Thank vit9696 for his work.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back