Graphics
HD5000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi, finally got Sleep mode working on my hack (intel nuc D54250WYKH). Running El Capitan on Clover.
But got an issue, that half of the time, when going to Sleep mode, after 2-3 seconds system wakes up it self. Next time going to sleep mode works just fine. What is the cause of this, and how can it be fixed?
I use hibernatemode = 0
syslog for Wake reason:

Oct 15 19:03:52 elvis kernel[0] <Notice>: Wake reason: EHC2 System woke up by itself after 2-3seconds
Oct 15 19:05:07 elvis-nuc kernel[0] <Notice>: Wake reason: EHC2 XHC I woke up the system with a mouse
Oct 15 19:15:31 elvis kernel[0] <Notice>: Wake reason: EHC2 System woke up by itself after 2-3seconds
Oct 15 19:17:33 elvis-nuc kernel[0] <Notice>: Wake reason: EHC2 XHC I woke up the system with a mouse

Any help will be appreciated.

Hi, finally got Sleep mode working on my hack (intel nuc D54250WYKH). Running El Capitan on Clover.
But got an issue, that half of the time, when going to Sleep mode, after 2-3 seconds system wakes up it self. Next time going to sleep mode works just fine. What is the cause of this, and how can it be fixed?
I use hibernatemode = 0
syslog for Wake reason:

Oct 15 19:03:52 elvis kernel[0] <Notice>: Wake reason: EHC2 System woke up by itself after 2-3seconds
Oct 15 19:05:07 elvis-nuc kernel[0] <Notice>: Wake reason: EHC2 XHC I woke up the system with a mouse
Oct 15 19:15:31 elvis kernel[0] <Notice>: Wake reason: EHC2 System woke up by itself after 2-3seconds
Oct 15 19:17:33 elvis-nuc kernel[0] <Notice>: Wake reason: EHC2 XHC I woke up the system with a mouse

Any help will be appreciated.

Elvis777,
Boot it up then log into Bios setting check and see if the Platforms Power Management option is enable, It listed under "Power Management", if it is not, Enable it, save your setting then restart. Now it should work properly. Good luck.

Thank you for your reply, I will try it today when I get home.
Maybe you know some thing about the issue, that mac wakes up from sleep every two hours?
Oct 16 01:29:34 elvis kernel[0] <Notice>: Wake reason: RTC (Alarm)

Found solutions for Yosemite, with unloading com.apple.discoveryd.plist, but I get an error, that files doesn't exist. :(

Maybe you know some thing about the issue, that mac wakes up from sleep every two hours?

Wake every two hours cure :
Date & Time > Disable/Uncheck: Set date and time automatically
Time Zone > Disable/Uncheck: Set time zone automatically using current location

Wake every two hours cure :
Date & Time > Disable/Uncheck: Set date and time automatically
Time Zone > Disable/Uncheck: Set time zone automatically using current location

Already tried it, didn't work for me, still wakes up.

Elvis777,
Boot it up then log into Bios setting check and see if the Platforms Power Management option is enable, It listed under "Power Management", if it is not, Enable it, save your setting then restart. Now it should work properly. Good luck.

Looked at the Bios today, didn't have anything with the name Platforms Power Management or similar. Attaching screenshot how my bios Power options look like. Tried also different bios options enabling and disabling, still the same issue, mac goes to sleep only on second try.

IMG_20151016_201606.jpg

Looked at the Bios today, didn't have anything with the name Platforms Power Management or similar. Attaching screenshot how my bios Power options look like. Tried also different bios options enabling and disabling, still the same issue, mac goes to sleep only on second try.

I am not familiar with Intel Bios. If i have to guest it would be the Intel dynamic Power technology, but I am not sure what is in the drop down list.

Hi, once again. It has options of Energy Efficient Performance, Custom and Off. I have tried Custom, this is in the screenshot posted previously. Now I have it on Energy Efficient Performance (default). But there's no change, still goes to sleep only on second time.
I don't know what to try anymore, tried already several things:
Disabling Wifi
Plugging out all the USB ports
Disabling Wake on lan
Different bios settings

But still nothing changes, goes to sleep only on second try, and another issue still wakes up after 2h on RTC alarm. :problem:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back