Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

I have power management working on my laptop already, but the only 4 P-States my CPU (i3-3217U) will go to are x8 (0.8GHz), x13 (1.3GHz), x15 (1.5GHz), and x18 (1.8GHz, top speed). I've always used the SSDT's generated by Clover. I started to experiment with Pike R. Alpha's SSDT Generator, and have generated an SSDT with "-xcpm" set to 1, because I use that boot flag to boot up with power management. However, when I do boot up with -xcpm set to 1, I get these messages while booting:

kernel[0]: X86PlatformPlugin::setRingTable - AICPM failed to load ring table with status 0x0: Get=0, Load=0, Install=0
kernel[0]: X86PlatformPlugin::configResourceHandler - Failed to set ring table!
kernel[0]: IOPPF: XCPM mode
kernel[0]: fGPUIdleIntervalMS = 0
kernel[0]: X86PlatformShim::sendPStates - pmCPUControl (SETPSTATETABLE) returned 0x1a
kernel[0]: X86PlatformShim::start - Failed to send PStates
kernel[0]: X86PlatformShim::start - Failed to send stepper

Now when I remove the -xcpm boot flag from my system, and keep in mind that I’m using an SSDT that still has the “-xcpm” boot flag set to 1, I get different messages while booting:
kernel[0]: IOPPF: AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement mode
kernel[0]: X86PlatformShim::sendPStates - Success!
AND the weird thing is, I get different P-States! The P-States that I get when booting without the Xcpm boot flag but having an SSDT generated based off of XCPM=1 are: x12 (1.2GHz), x13 (1.3GHz), x16 (1.6GHz), and x18 (1.8GHz)
Now as this is weird, I’m wondering if there’s a way to “merge” the two functionalities together, getting all of the P-States on one boot. Any suggestions on how to do that?

Hackintosh Yosemite Weird SSDT Behavior

Hi,

I have power management working on my laptop already, but the only 4 P-States my CPU (i3-3217U) will go to are x8 (0.8GHz), x13 (1.3GHz), x15 (1.5GHz), and x18 (1.8GHz, top speed). I've always used the SSDT's generated by Clover. I started to experiment with Pike R. Alpha's SSDT Generator, and have generated an SSDT with "-xcpm" set to 1, because I use that boot flag to boot up with power management. However, when I do boot up with -xcpm set to 1, I get these messages while booting:

kernel[0]: X86PlatformPlugin::setRingTable - AICPM failed to load ring table with status 0x0: Get=0, Load=0, Install=0
kernel[0]: X86PlatformPlugin::configResourceHandler - Failed to set ring table!
kernel[0]: IOPPF: XCPM mode
kernel[0]: X86PlatformShim::sendPStates - pmCPUControl (SETPSTATETABLE) returned 0x1a
kernel[0]: X86PlatformShim::start - Failed to send PStates
kernel[0]: X86PlatformShim::start - Failed to send stepper

Now when I remove the -xcpm boot flag from my system, and keep in mind that I’m using an SSDT that still has the “-xcpm” boot flag set to 1, I get different messages while booting:
kernel[0]: IOPPF: AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement mode
kernel[0]: X86PlatformShim::sendPStates - Success!
AND the weird thing is, I get different P-States! The P-States that I get when booting without the Xcpm boot flag but having an SSDT generated based off of XCPM=1 are: x12 (1.2GHz), x13 (1.3GHz), x16 (1.6GHz), and x18 (1.8GHz)
Now as this is weird, I’m wondering if there’s a way to “merge” the two functionalities together, getting all of the P-States on one boot. Any suggestions on how to do that?

Are you using a generated SSDT (ssdstPRgen.sh) in addition to Generate via Clover config.plist or just the custom generated SSDT?

Are you dropping all OEM CPU related SSDTs?

Are you using a generated SSDT (ssdstPRgen.sh) in addition to Generate via Clover config.plist or just the custom generated SSDT?

Are you dropping all OEM CPU related SSDTs?

Yes I am, and no I'm not dropping OEM CPU since I wanted to experiment. Here's my config.plist if you want to take a look at it.

View attachment config.plist

I'm using Clover's Generate SSDT's as well as 1 SSDT from ssdtPRgen.sh

Yes I am, and no I'm not dropping OEM CPU since I wanted to experiment. Here's my config.plist if you want to take a look at it.

View attachment 112055

I'm using Clover's Generate SSDT's as well as 1 SSDT from ssdtPRgen.sh

Realize that the SSDT you generate with ssdtPRgen.sh may be different depending on whether you booted with -xcpm or not (I haven't looked to see what the difference actually is).

Also, realize that Apple does not use -xcpm for Ivy CPU Macs...

Realize that the SSDT you generate with ssdtPRgen.sh may be different depending on whether you booted with -xcpm or not (I haven't looked to see what the difference actually is).

Also, realize that Apple does not use -xcpm for Ivy CPU Macs...

Ah ok, that last bit of information I didn't know. Is there still a way to merge the P-States together into one SSDT?

...Is there still a way to merge the P-States together into one SSDT?

Not sure what you mean. But it is not ever necessary to "merge" SSDTs.

BTW, you are (likely) dropping some of the OEM SSDTs (you stated you weren't...).

Not sure what you mean. But it is not ever necessary to "merge" SSDTs.

BTW, you are (likely) dropping some of the OEM SSDTs (you stated you weren't...).

Sorry, must have worded it wrong. When I had XCPM on I had 4 P-States. When I had it off I had 4 other P-States. Is there a way to have all 8 of them working at the same time? I'll check on the OEM SSDTs.

EDIT: I'm currently not dropping the OEM SSDTs but there are 3 tables that are dropped: CpuPm,Cpu0lst (have no idea what that is), and DMAR. (have no idea what this is either) Clover IS probably dropping some OEM SSDT's, though, cause it says something about it in the Clover boot log.

Sorry, must have worded it wrong. When I had XCPM on I had 4 P-States. When I had it off I had 4 other P-States. Is there a way to have all 8 of them working at the same time? I'll check on the OEM SSDTs.

Probably it is best to not use -xcpm unless you need it..

EDIT: I'm currently not dropping the OEM SSDTs but there are 3 tables that are dropped: CpuPm,Cpu0lst (have no idea what that is), and DMAR.

Contradicting yourself... CpuPm and Cpu0Ist are SSDTs. You should probably read the Clover wiki.

Probably it is best to not use -xcpm unless you need it..

Contradicting yourself... CpuPm and Cpu0Ist are SSDTs. You should probably read the Clover wiki.

Thanks for the info. I just solved it by deleting the generated SSDT and added Generate C2, C4, C6, and C7 into Clover plist. :D

Thanks for the info. I just solved it by deleting the generated SSDT and added Generate C2, C4, C6, and C7 into Clover plist. :D

So, you're using Clover's Generate/CStates/PStates...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back