Gtx 770
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Kinda freaking out right now.
I've had my hackintosh for almost a year so far. Everything has worked fine up to this point. But all of a sudden today, i tried to wake my computer after it fell asleep and it would not wake up. So I held down the power button and shut it down. But when I tried to turn it back on, nothing happened. I have tried removing the motherboard battery to reset CMOS but that did not work. Somebody please help!

Here's my config:

Fractal Design 1000W PSU
Asus Sabertooth X79 Motherboard
Intel i7 3930k
Nvidia Geforce GTX 770 Windforce Edition
16gb Corsaire Vengeance Ram
Fractal Design Define R4 case
120gb sandisk ssd (has operating system)
1tb seagate barracuda hdd
Corsaire h80i water cooler

Kinda freaking out right now.
I've had my hackintosh for almost a year so far. Everything has worked fine up to this point. But all of a sudden today, i tried to wake my computer after it fell asleep and it would not wake up. So I held down the power button and shut it down. But when I tried to turn it back on, nothing happened. I have tried removing the motherboard battery to reset CMOS but that did not work. Somebody please help!

Here's my config:

Fractal Design 1000W PSU
Asus Sabertooth X79 Motherboard
Intel i7 3930k
Nvidia Geforce GTX 770 Windforce Edition
16gb Corsaire Vengeance Ram
Fractal Design Define R4 case
120gb sandisk ssd (has operating system)
1tb seagate barracuda hdd
Corsaire h80i water cooler

Have no idea, maybe your SSD failed or your computer couldn't POST properly. Make sure all of your components still are fully functional ...

Cheers!

I don't think the harddrives failed because even if they did, the computer should still be able to turn on and go to BIOS i assume. But what do you mean by the computer not being able to POST properly?

I don't think the harddrives failed because even if they did, the computer should still be able to turn on and go to BIOS i assume. But what do you mean by the computer not being able to POST properly?

You're correct about the HDD(s) failing that the computer should boot into BIOS, but if it doesn't then unplug the HDD(s), because the hard drives may be failing the POST test which in turn is preventing the computer from booting.

When a computer is turned on, the BIOS / motherboard firmware does a check on all of the components to make sure they can be powered on and function properly, called the POST test:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power-on_self-test

If one of these devices fails the POST test, the computer is unable to boot with any operating system, thus the affected component will have to be removed / replaced in order for the computer to be able to boot again...

See if you can boot into BIOS w/o the hard drives plugged in.

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back