Contribute
Register

Hackintosh won't boot after 10.8.5 update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Intel DZ68DB
CPU
Intel Core i7 3770
Graphics
NVidia GeForce GTX 650 2048MB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
My hachkintosh has been working fine for over a year now. I ran the latest update from apple and now my hackintosh won't boot.

I am am getting the following panic messages when I run the boot using -v.
image.jpg

Can anyone please help?

Motherboard is an intel dz68db with a intel i7 3770 sandy bridge processor.

Cheers,

ben

Bump.

I am experiencing the same issues.

I had to re-install from scratch after many hours of trying different boot options and settings.

My hachkintosh has been working fine for over a year now. I ran the latest update from apple and now my hackintosh won't boot.

View attachment 68004

Can anyone please help?

Cheers,

ben
If you are using the MacPro5 System Definition you need to delete AppleTyMCE kext as it looks for ECC RAM and KPs if it does not find it.
Either that, or change your System Definition

try booting -v -x -f and deleting the kext and see if that fixes the problem. Note this is only good until the next update when the kext is installed again, so I suggest changing the SysDef.

If you are using the MacPro5 System Definition you need to delete AppleTyMCE kext as it looks for ECC RAM and KPs if it does not find it.
Either that, or change your System Definition

try booting -v -x -f and deleting the kext and see if that fixes the problem. Note this is only good until the next update when the kext is installed again, so I suggest changing the SysDef.

Thanks for the tip, but as mentioned I re-installed my machine and all is well again.

Try downgrading to the version that worked for you.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry didnt read that you made it work

View attachment 68004

Can anyone please help?

Cheers,

ben
Hi i'm about to install sierra os on my DZ68DB, and i see you have yours working fine, do you have any recommendations for me before start the setup process?

About the DSDT File, do you mind sharing the modified file?

Thank you in advanced

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back