Contribute
Register

Hackintosh vs Macintosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes, i am WRONG xD

I've been a Mac user for a long, long time (1986 - 2009). While time passed I realized that the inner quality of Apple Macintoshes was abruptly falling down.
My last experience was a G5 2Ghz DP that after just a month broke down a processor. Once repaired it lasted for 4 years until it broke down again.
From that unlucky experience I realized two things:
- I had no extra money to afford a new MacPro;
- I would have done all my best to have another Macintosh under my fingers.
that's why I followed the hackintosh path.

After almost a year since my adventure began, I can only say great thanks to tonymacx86, MacMan, Lnx2mac, GoingBald, Karacho and many others ho helped me so much.
Although the hackintosh experience is still a great thing, it requires at least a double application because every movement (firstly system upgrades) must be thought and weighted in advance. On the other hand, the money saved is a Godsend.

wavesequence said:
I've been a Mac user for a long, long time (1986 - 2009). While time passed I realized that the inner quality of Apple Macintoshes was abruptly falling down.
My last experience was a G5 2Ghz DP that after just a month broke down a processor. Once repaired it lasted for 4 years until it broke down again.

After almost a year since my adventure began, I can only say great thanks to tonymacx86, MacMan, Lnx2mac, GoingBald, Karacho and many others ho helped me so much.
Although the hackintosh experience is still a great thing, it requires at least a double application because every movement (firstly system upgrades) must be thought and weighted in advance. On the other hand, the money saved is a Godsend.

You're right when you talk about G series of Mac computers. All of us know that Apple almost had bankruptcy. When started with new series of Mac products with INTEL based CPU's then it begin to be much more different then old ones and also much more stable.

On the other way, Hackintosh is interesting part of my life within last half year. I like to experimenting and within this few months I learn something about UNIX I didn't know before. Good opportunity to extract some knowledge.

Cheers

wavesequence said:

I agree with thanks and the learning process many others have expressed. Although it does take the time to check before updating through Software Update, that is not a bad thing. My Hackintosh is running every piece of software my iMac (late 2010) is running, Adobe Creative suite, MS Office 2008 and on. And it runs it so.. fast. I have used Macs since the Plus and have upgraded machines every 18 months or so. This process is fun! :thumbup:

hi , I did my first Hackintosh,
I have this configuration:
Mb: Msi P67A-GD65 B3 / i5 2500k / evga gtx 570 / 16g DDR3 .
it seems that everything is working properly

I not use Mac before, so the question is, this configuration works equal one Mac like this especification ???

Exist any program to test if everything work fine??

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back