Contribute
Register

Hackintosh Support for 10th Gen intel Laptops (i5-10210u)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sound works. Trackpad works but not stable. For the Battery life and overheating, I can't tell exactly but not so bad.
Tackpad is not stable and I don't recommend this laptop hackintosh as your default device.

There are not many 10th gen guides
,maybe be you can write a mini guide, as a summary for others to know,
and maybe help perfecting your work ;)

I didnt know that someone got Intel Wifi working for hackintosh.
Could you tell me what does and does not work on your hackintosh?
swap your onboard for a Broadcom BCM94360NG card...
everything works with this one !
No kexts, no patches needed !

At least on my Vostro 5490

and drivers for windows are available too

Last edited:
yes I got the BCM94350NG and can verify everything works iMessage handoff Airdrop no extra kexts needed

Sound works. Trackpad works but not stable. For the Battery life and overheating, I can't tell exactly but not so bad.
Tackpad is not stable and I don't recommend this laptop hackintosh as your default device.
Sorry for the late reply. It turns out it takes a lot of time to install macos over the air.

Here is what I got so far:
Keyboard layout is acceptable. My laptop has a Brazilian keyboard layout, so a couple of keys don't function at all and some functions are swapped (two keys swapped places)

Internet works, but it is slow. I get 15mbps tops. What I noticed is that I might have to reboot the os a couple of times to get it working.

Screen brightness works by setting the specific keys on keyboard shotcuts.

Audio does not work when I plug my headphones in. Speakers work fine. (I could use some help here.. Not having my music for programming is non-negotiable lol)

As I don't own an iPhone, I can't test if they behave well together.
The system seems to run smoothly, but I haven't stressed it yet. I'll probably do that next week when I begin building my projects and running their benchmarks.

Just an update.
My webcam wasnt recognised, either. I'm trying to mess with the usb injection, but nothing so far.
One thing I noticed is that the computer sleeps when the lid is closed and awakes with no problems (I remember reading it somewhere, so I thought relevant to express it here)

maybe be you can write a mini guide
I did nothing more than using the EFI on post #84. He is the here here =)

most of the time building your own usb map cure the webcam non function
USB Maping

most of the time building your own usb map cure the webcam non function
USB Map
Until last night I had my headphone working.
I tested all layouts and all of them were fine. I had only to force the audio to the right earbud, that way it worked fine.

Somehow today it is not working anymore. And nothing has changed.
My laptop has a Realtek ALC 236. The opencore webpage lists two revisions for this model. Where/How do I set them up?

Some updates:

- Audio working
- HDMI external monitor working ( my socket was damaged, had to be repaired )
I have the same laptop, I used your EFI, but the screen to install does not appear. The HDMI works as a mirror, the Trackpad does too, but I can't do the installation. Any suggestion?

I have the same laptop, I used your EFI, but the screen to install does not appear. The HDMI works as a mirror, the Trackpad does too, but I can't do the installation. Any suggestion?

I don't know why it does not work for you !
As you can see from attached pic, everything is fine and I can do all setups e.g. mirroring or
extending the desktop as I wish....

There's only one suggestion I can give you and that is to use
the DEBUG releases of open core to find out where it fails.
There are tons of documents about troubleshooting on the internet, read them
and make yourself knowledgeable about it.

When my EFI fails on your machine than there's sth wrong on your side.
And having the same laptop does not necessarily mean that the hardware under the hood
is wired or hooked up the same. Do you have the same BIOS ?
Maybe DELL changed some hardware structures ? Who knows ?
An iMac from 2017 may look the same like one from 2019, but that's just the surface
you're looking at. Same goes for other companies too....
So, get out your tools and start searching.

...and by tools I'm not talking about screwdrivers ;)

Attachments

• HDMI.png
    HDMI.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 112
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back