Contribute
Register

Hackintosh Support for 10th Gen intel Laptops (i5-10210u)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
New Dell 5490 Laptop
CPU
i5-10210U
Graphics
Intel UHD
Is there a success in installing Mojave or Catalina on any 10th gen intel Laptop?
I tried my best to install it on my New Dell 5490, I failed miserably, everytime stuck on "End RandomSeed"

Is there a success in installing Mojave or Catalina on any 10th gen intel Laptop?
I tried my best to install it on my New Dell 5490, I failed miserably, everytime stuck on "End RandomSeed"
i have moved your post to laptop support

I had read that for 10th generation new aptio fixes will be needed.
So think you'll need time till the first aptiofixes which support 10th will be released.

I had read that for 10th generation new aptio fixes will be needed.
So think you'll need time till the first aptiofixes which support 10th will be released.
Ok thanks for info, maybe that is why i wont get any info on this build on internet.
I hope it will come out in 2-3 months, this is my first laptop build try, will be dissapointed if there is no support in future

I have the same issue with same model laptop 5490 (i5-10210u) I will follow this post and lets hope the support comes out soon

I was just about to make a post about this, I want to buy a laptop with 10th Gen Intel but I'm not sure if it's worth the wait. We can't know for sure if macbooks with 10th Gen CPU will be released in the next months (maybe in Q3) so otherwise I can buy one with a 8th gen cpu for now and get to run Mojave. I am looking after the Comet Lake Intel Core i7-10510U compatibility.

Comet Lake 10th will run, ice lake 10th won't perhaps we need to switch to opencore, aptio drivers can't allocate fragmented memory.

I gave Catalina a try this week on my HP laptop with i7 10th gen. Was not able to get very far. Mojave surprisingly got farther in the process. The installer loaded, I was able to format an APFS partition, and the first phase of the install completed. I currently have the macOS partition as well as the Recovery partition showing in Clover. However, it always fails at "12 minutes remaining". I tried all APTIO patches (separately of course), but nothing will get me past that point. I'm researching the possibility of patching on my own, but I will probably end up waiting for someone else more experienced to release something.

FWIW, I have the following drivers/kexts
  • ApfsDriverLoader.efi
  • EmuVariableUefi.efi
  • HFSPlus.efi
  • SMCHelper.efi
  • FakeSMC.kext
  • Lilu.kext
  • USBInjectAll.kext
  • VoodooPS2Controller.kext (keyboard works, touchpad does not as it appears to be I2C)
  • WhateverGreen.kext

I'm willing to try things out and share my experience. It looks like we will probably have to wait for now though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back