RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Built a Dual Boot..after much hardware trial and error with the cooling system finally resolved I am down to the last major issue with this build. All boots up into WIN and in HS and then I run FCPx or Resolve after a few minutes I get a system seizure, like once i get to intensive gpu work..no message, everything just freezes. A conflict between iGPU and GPU?..Temp?

SMbios-02.jpg

unclear on the second part of of HVEC & H.264 is supported, looking for VideoProc app so I can check, chose this build at the time because it was said to be the easiest...thanks for the swift reply..alot riding on making this lame horse fly

unclear on the second part of of HVEC & H.264 is supported, looking for VideoProc app so I can check, chose this build at the time because it was said to be the easiest...thanks for the swift reply..alot riding on making this lame horse fly

What kind of case are you using? What kind of cooling are you using? Have you tried without the RX 580 installed? Have you tried using the EFI folder from my Z370 build?

deep silence case(had to leave off reset jumper because prevented bootup), and got a cooler master single fan/radiator liquid cool..went through 2 noctua(low with fan and high with 2 fans but still went over 95c during benchmarking so liquid and switched to grizzly paste)..had same issue regardless of cooling(cooling is just more efficient now)..now in cinebench cpu temp tops out around 83c...have tried with RX580 and straight from MB...same issue with two differnt hack installs..total freeze, nothing moves>reboot...EFI from your Z370?>>I have not

deep silence case(had to leave off reset jumper because prevented bootup), and got a cooler master single fan/radiator liquid cool..went through 2 noctua(low with fan and high with 2 fans but still went over 95c during benchmarking so liquid and switched to grizzly paste)..had same issue regardless of cooling(cooling is just more efficient now)..now in cinebench cpu temp tops out around 83c...have tried with RX580 and straight from MB...same issue with two differnt hack installs..total freeze, nothing moves>reboot...EFI from your Z370?>>I have not

I don't know how good the airflow is on those cases... Just from looking at pictures, they look pretty restrictive. Have you ever tried running with the case open?

What kind of benchmarking were you doing when it hit 95C? Is your CPU overclocked? My i9-9900K@5GHz tops out at around 81C when running Prime95 using a Noctua NH-D15S, but I delidded my CPU.

Please give my Z370-G EFI folder a try. Link is below in my signature. I use Clover to inject kexts, so if you have any Hackintosh kexts in /Library/Extensions/ please delete them before booting with my EFI.

You can download the trial version of VideoProc from its website.

I installed trial and am getting a choke..click to active delay..and its still hasn't populated the Hardware Info Detect
VideoProc-01.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back