Contribute
Register

Hackintosh Seizing Up..i7-8700K,GigabyteAORUSrx580 on a Z-370g

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know how good the airflow is on those cases... Just from looking at pictures, they look pretty restrictive. Have you ever tried running with the case open?

What kind of benchmarking were you doing when it hit 95C? Is your CPU overclocked? My i9-9900K@5GHz tops out at around 81C when running Prime95 using a Noctua NH-D15S, but I delidded my CPU.

Please give my Z370-G EFI folder a try. Link is below in my signature. I use Clover to inject kexts, so if you have any Hackintosh kexts in /Library/Extensions/ please delete them before booting with my EFI.
yea open side as well as other many cooling options tried..cinebench and old unigines for benchmarking...and can only see temps in win..HS software kept temp at 0deg..will try ur EFI if i can't fix without starting from scratch..again.

Post your EFI folder and in the meantime, try out the EFI folder @pastrychef has in his thread. Have you considered upgrading to the newer OS?
EFI-01.JPG

yea open side as well as other many cooling options tried..cinebench and old unigines for benchmarking...and can only see temps in win..HS software kept temp at 0deg..will try ur EFI if i can't fix without starting from scratch..again.

Those are crazy high temps for just Cinebench and Unigine...

You don't have to start from scratch. Just put my EFI folder on to the EFI partition of a USB flash drive and boot from the USB flash drive. Then you can see if there's any difference. Keep in mind that by default, my EFI folders are using iMac system definition so you should enable IGPU in BIOS and set your RX 580 to be primary display.

ideally..i would want this thing to run both Sierra and Mojave if possible(HSierra is what I had on hand and easy instruct build at the time), and UBUNTU on another ssd for fully loaded Recalbox...need sierra..can't let go of FCP7(too many drafts and speedy workflow)..Right now i got Win10 pushin and HSierra lite i guess..so yea..tryin to do the most here..WIN/SIE/MOJ/LIN is the end objective before January and mounting a 2k screen on the side panel if I can

I meant attach your current EFI folder.
tried to get to screen...updated clover aaaaaaaaand its stuck in a reboot loop...only had baseline stuff installed there...will return when I have the time to wipe the drive and start from scratch...again...thanks for the help

Those are crazy high temps for just Cinebench and Unigine...

You don't have to start from scratch. Just put my EFI folder on to the EFI partition of a USB flash drive and boot from the USB flash drive. Then you can see if there's any difference. Keep in mind that by default, my EFI folders are using iMac system definition so you should enable IGPU in BIOS and set your RX 580 to be primary display.
tried to update clover(must have done it wrong) now its stuck in a reboot loop...will wipe and and try again in a few days, thanks for your help....ps..i never found "your efi"...nothing in signature??
noEFI.jpg

tried to update clover(must have done it wrong) now its stuck in a reboot loop...will wipe and and try again in a few days, thanks for your help....ps..i never found "your efi"...nothing in signature??View attachment 432258

Click on "Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (Wi-Fi AC)".
Scroll to the bottom of post #1 to find my EFI folders.

I have question about Z370 8700K and RX580. So right now I use SMbios 19.1 and IGPU enable. but wen I play on youtube there is green screen. What IGPU config should I use. and SMbios ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back