Contribute
Register

Hackintosh Samsung 480, 580 & 780 and KEXT's

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have just purchased a Samsung R780 I3 and have cloned my disk drive from my mac os x 10.6.5 intel core duo macbook.

Is it possible to modify the ktext's of the cloned drive and convert to hackintosh so I can boot hackintosh on my Samsung R780. Can you tell me what the steps are for cloning and then converting to hackintosh.

Thanks

I have the Samsung R580 with the Marvell Yukon 88E8059 Lan card and Realtek RTL8192E wireless card.. Did Anyone got them to work?

For anybody who is using voodooHDA to get the alc269 working:

-> download attachement
-> fix your dsdt as described into file
-> delete voodooHDA
-> install modified appleHDA + IOAudiofamily kext into the package

works perfectly, no more crackles when u push the volume hard, no need to edit( use voodooHDA anymore... but no HDMI Audio !!!

Attachments

• appleHDA_alc269.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 173
VoodooHDA 2.7.2 edit (0x3b568086) not Larsen effect, works int. mic and not random Kernel Panic, works on Samsung R580. This kext works for me perfectly ALC 269 sound card.

Update: No HDMI Audio, and not visible in the Pref Pan!
Fix: No speakers crackle!

Attachments

• VoodooHDA.kext.zip
    159.7 KB · Views: 243
Flexigem said:
No. It was me having the same issue. Bungo helped me out.

The FPED needs a method.

Code:
               Method (_INI, 0, Serialized)
               {
                    If (CondRefOf (FPED))
                    {
                         FPED ()
                    }
               }

The Numpad only works if you press down the FN key and type the numbers. Not an elegant solution but it works.

Otherwise I invite you to also join the discussion on http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... pic=235055 for the Samsung series. I am pretty happy that things get rolling with our laps as it seems there was a big silence when it comes to fixing the problems on these devices.

Sleep is yet not working for me. I have to investigate and I get the same error like you.

Dont ever use a DSDT file from another Lap unless its the same identical Model and Bios revision. You can screw your hardware if important parameters speak different to your hardware like GFX.

I just bought an R780 and was trying to get the number pad to work. Does anyone have a DSDT with this fix in it they'd be willing to post? I am trying to understand the correct DSDT entry for it and was needing some context in order to do so.

Thanks in advance.

+1 would be really killer !!!

gyigyi said:
VoodooHDA 2.7.2 edit (0x3b568086) not Larsen effect, works int. mic and not random Kernel Panic, works on Samsung R580. This kext works for me perfectly ALC 269 sound card.

Good looking out gyigyi this worked for my setup also...NO MORE FEEDBACK :clap: :clap: :thumbup: :thumbup: .
This has been driving me nuts and this makes me SO happy. Let me ask you something I have an R580 with a i5 430m and the 310m and was hoping to upgrade to the same card you have, is you screen 15" if so I believe I could upgrade because if so we must have an identical board; although it might be a pain. Good looking out and anybody who isn't aware but there is a thread on our series over at InsanelyMac.com http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... pic=235055. And has a lot of valuable info. I haven't come across any other series of laptops with so much Hackintosh info available. Love it!!!

EDITED: I think this killed my HDMI audio it's not visible in the Preference Pane. Can't check to see if the sound is outputted to my TV at the moment will post about the results in a little while.

Big_Sexy said:
EDITED: I think this killed my HDMI audio it's not visible in the Preference Pane. Can't check to see if the sound is outputted to my TV at the moment will post about the results in a little while.

I know, it doesn't work my HDMI Audio and not show pref pan, this kext just work on sound card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back