Contribute
Register

Hackintosh Samsung 480, 580 & 780 and KEXT's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does the wifi kext work on snow leopard 10.6.7? Thanks. :banghead:

StoffelXYZ"]Hello,

I managed to install Snow Leopard using Iboot, Multibeast and some kexts for audio, Wlan and the battery-indicator.

Please, Could you explain how you did this? I tried so many things for my R780 but nothing worked. I use Iboot but after the first reboot and the 6.8 combo installation whith multibeat i have some problems, i can't boot on snow leopard anymore.

Thank you

I'm using a Lenovo V570, everything works great though I have to boot in 32bit mode!

This is a great laptop for osx86...

Hello everyone :)
Recently i installed a fresh Lion and decided to make this system as stable and retail-like as possible. I've got my nVidia injected to DSDT, and brightness control. The only thing i cannot get to work is sleep. When i put my laptop to sleep he wakes up after 2sec but w/o screen, which is still blank, and probably USB (my mouse doesn't glow).
Can anyone help me to get sleep working with DSDT changes? I've seen method with iMac SMBIOS, but i'd like to keep my MBP6,1 SMBIOS.

[EDIT]
WOOT?!?!?!
with my GPU injected to DSDT, Geekbench shows score 2400 and some programs actually get laggy while with graphics enabler the score is 5000!
In both cases in system info there is shown GeForce G310m (while i have 330m).
How to fix that?

Doctor_Evil_13 said:
Hi brothers :wave:
I have rf710 and 10.6.6.
Works all except network and audio.
(touchpad doesn't work also, but i don't need it)
Can anyone help with this model?
tnx

rf710 audio and touchpad works fine (tested up to 10.6.6.)

For audio you need to install the voodoo stuff and Mic/Gain settings as described earlier in this thread (and make sure appleHDA is deinstalled, otherwise you get KP at reboot).

For touchpad you need a hacked VoodooPS2Controller.kext and VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext, here are the versions which work for me in Extra/Extensions.

VoodooPS2Controller.kext from Jul 22, 2009
VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext from Nov 20, 2009

With that Audio and Touchpad works fine.

Network does not work though. Wifi will work only if you have the Atheros chip or if you install the Dell chip, as described earlier in this thread.

Other than that the RF710 is a beautiful Hackintosh notebook. Sometimes I have to boot a few times before it gets the video resolution correctly, but other than that it works reliably, also with 8 GB RAM and 2 hdd, and the sound is great for a notebook.

Elch said:
Doctor_Evil_13 said:
(touchpad doesn't work also, but i don't need it)
Can anyone help with this model?
tnx

rf710 ...
For touchpad you need a hacked VoodooPS2Controller.kext and VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext, here are the versions which work for me in Extra/Extensions.

With that Audio and Touchpad works fine.

Put in Extra/Extensions and clean/rebuild kext cache (Multibeast)

Attachments

• Touchpad-working-RF710-put-in-E-E.zip
    144.8 KB · Views: 159
hello.... ive been a lurker in this forum for sometime and finished a successful hackintosh project on a Core i7 desktop.

I am now getting ready to install SL 10.6.3 on my Samsung RF 711-S01. specs of my laptop should be in my profile:
-Sandy Bridge Core i5-2410m
-NVIDIA GeForce GT540M (Optimus)

i've got iboot, retail copy Snow Leopard 10.6.3 MC573Z/A (both DVD and USB), and the latest MultiBeast.

For some reason, it wouldnt let me install via usb. i had iboot in dvd-rom, but wouldnt recognize usb on iboot screen. i've done all i can think of with bios settings, and iboot screen still does not recognize usb. anyone else have an issue with this?

So i will try booting iboot, then SL Retail DVD. wish me luck and any suggestions would be greatly appreciated :)

10.6? just go 10.7

why are you guys bothering with 10.6???

go 10.7

You will need An iNTEL i series/c2d Processor
A computer (obviously)
another computer with INTERNET connection
and external hdd/large usb pen ( for transfering files back and fore...)

a usb keyboard + mouse/ wired/wireless

Multibeast (latest)
Pc efi 10 rc 5 (for the lion boot/Sl boot)
Chameleon rc2.0 rev650 Boot cd as an optional boot cd for snow leopard only!!

Kexts for you hardware (go by device id and vendor)
Chimera Lion Boot file (google it) or pm me..

I used chameleon RC 2.0 rev650 boot cd and retail 10.6.3 to get me started on the process

650 boot cd in.. flags .. -v -x arch=i386 busratio=16

setup as you normally would

or even partition as follows

120GB LION
330GB DATA
15GB (LION d2d Installer)
gUID Partitioning in options

or
for dual boot

MBR PARTITIONING

120GB LION
120GB Win7 64 (OPTIONAL)
200GB DATA (FAT32/NTFS) USE TUXERA NTFS3G FOR FULL R/W SUPPORT OF NTFS
15GB LION D2D Installer

(SKIP THIS YOU CAN DO IT LATER IF... YOU LIKE.. DURING LION D2D SETUP)

Then i downloaded my lion from appstore, xmove, chimera boot file, multibeast and some kexts to my external drive on my win-doze box, put it on an external hard drive,
and once the 10.6 install was finished and booted up i extracted the InstallEsd.dmg from the 10.7 package , opened disk utility, selected the dmg to restore to my hard drive which i hard partitioned as follows
(BASED ON A 500GB DRIVE WITH 465GB usable)

(SKIP THIS IF YOU DID IT DURING 10.6 SETUP)

120GB LION
330GB DATA
15GB (LION d2d Installer)
gUID Partitioning in options

or
for dual boot

120GB LION

(128MB PADDING VIRTUAL SPACE IS AUTOMATICALLY CREATED BETWEEN ALL PARTITONS, WINDOWS 7 MBR/BOOTLOADER WILL USE 100 OF THE SPARE 128 THATS FLOATING POINTLESSLY BETWEEN THE PARTITION
120GB Win7 64 (OPTIONAL)

200GB DATA (FAT32/NTFS) USE TUXERA NTFS3G FOR FUL R/W SUPPORT OF NTFS
15GB LION D2D Installer

MBR PARTITIONING IN OPTIONS

right ..........partitioning setup

DISK UTILITY
Select InstallESD.dmg and right click ---> restore >>> box opens up, drag the installesd.dmg to the (SOURCE) BOX

AND DRAG THE LION D2D PARTITION TO (TARGET BOX) THEN LET IT RIP,
(If you recieve any error messages about the image needing to be checked and verified then your installesd.dmg source is corrupt and/or has no md5 hash to verify
So Find a better Source

Appstore £29.99 (usb stick version £69.99)

Once done, run xmove and point it to your lion d2d installer partition, follow instructions,

once complete

pop your freshly burnt pc efi boot disc in the drive

restart, boot from cd, once in select lion d2d partition
use boot flags
npci=0x2000 (fixes pci configuration begining issue)
busratio=16 or busratio=20 or busratio=25 (depends on your cpu busration , most will be automatically detected)
-v

so like this

LION DATA LION D2D
''''''''''' '''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''
-v busratio=16 npci=0x2000

that should get you into the lion setup easily, be prepared to have a usb keyboard and mouse at hand and already plugged in to the usb port as not all touchpads and keyboards detect initially

SETUP is th usual, once complete it will reboot,
Ur pc efi disc should stil be in the drive
boot flags

same as before

(add them to your org.chameleon.boot file later) ..LOCATED IN EXTRA/

run multibeast, select all miscleaneous, chimera bootloader (latest one available from http://www.tonymacx86.blogSPOT.com) all system utilities,, tools and extras, no drivers yet......

copy chimera boot file to ur freshly installed lion partition

open disk utility, select repair disks,

reboot... enjoy, next follow other guides to get additional hardware working

I successfully managed to get 10.7 installed on my

Samsung rv511
4GB DDR3 1333
DISPLAY RESOLUTION 1366X768 (TRANSPERENCY & EFFECTS WORKING)
i5 480m
GF 315m 1GB GDDR3
500GB HDD

BLUETOOTH 3.0 NATIVE,
LAN 8169 NATIVE
WIFI BCM pci vendor & id 14E4, 4727 (WORKING ON IT)
AUDIO REALTEK ALC 269 (VOODOO HDA 2.7.2 (TEMPORARY FOR NOW)

bumbi said:
I have after weeks of hard struggling finally managed to get a "ok" hackintosh. Still have some problems that I hope to get help with from the forum members. This is my specs:

Samsung R780 64bit
Motherboard Intel HM55
Intel® Core™ i5 430
4 GB (DDR3 / 2 GB x 2)
NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 330M with 1GB gDDR3
Soundcard ALC 889
Ethernetcard Marvell Yukon 88E8059
Wifi Atheros AR9285
500 GB (5,400 rpm S - ATA)
Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR*
Webcam VIMICRO SCB 1900n

I used iboot supported to install, and a orginal 10.6.3 Snow Leopard disk. The installation went fine and when the computer started the first time did I have bluetooth, webcam, graphic (showing up as unknown Nvidia card), touchpad, Keyboard and sound (microphone didnt work) working. But after upgrading from 10.6.3 to 10.6.4 and used multibeast did I lose the sound & the keyboard. I later also notice that after several struggles to get the sound and other things to work did I start to get the "Hibernate image is too old XXXXXX seconds use forcewake=y" in the startup.

The wifi AR9285 did I managed to get 100% working with this kext. Took me ages to find this one. (Airport and everything else works excellent in x64) See attached file. or download from here http://www.kexts.com/view/462-atheros_ar9285.html

My problems is that the Marvell Yukon 88E8059 dont work, and Im still trying to find a working kext. PLEASE HELP ME IF YOU KNOW WHERE TO FIND ONE.

The ALC889 is still not working as it should, I tried the VodooHDA and it will give me working sound, but still no support for microphone :( so if anyone has a working kext for that problem please tell me!

The Samsung R780 is a great machine to make a Hackintosh with, and I can really recommend it. Just with some extra KEXT will this be a perfect machine!

Hope some other people has some tips to get my machine working better.

For example do I try to get the inbuilt multi touchpad (Synaptics) to go from basic to advanced, so I will be able to write chinese characters on the touchpad and so on.

I only spent 1 month as a TOTAL beginner trying to fix my Hackintosh, and Im sure with just 1-2 extra months will I have everything working.

Thanks Tonymac and all others for the great help and tips.

Best regards Bumbi

wow, good effort, a month is a long time, mine took 8 hours, (including nap shifts),
i have lan (rtl8169,
im not gonna use the voodoohda.kext as its buggy and sometimes KP's randomly,
( il program my own driver when i find time)
my sound is alc 269 and nvidia high definition audio,
elan/synaptics tp.
same wifi as your, thanks for the link to the wifi kext il try that in lion 64
same size hdd, 4gb of ddr3 1333, same chipset but i have 315m 1gb optimus card, intel hd 3000 factory disabled

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back