Contribute
Register

Hackintosh Partition on existing HD with w7, HP G7-1173ca

Status
Not open for further replies.
breiti3000 said:
any chance - with boot commands - you are able to reach the mac desktop?

As in boot flags ? No, tried almost all of them.

If there is another way, I have no idea.

I reformatted and restored my W7, so I need to start again (which is fine), if you have another idea.

Hm, make sure, that you are not formatting the MAC drive with 4k - this could cause errors, and there is a new a) multibeast and b) a newer version of the boot loader with can be installed separately - but it all depends on reaching the mac desk finally

Maybe this could work? Found it at a different board... they think the error could be related to graphics:

"You can try using the flag`s PCIRoot=1 -v at boot or removing the video kexts from the installer and use -f -v flag`s"

breiti3000 said:
Hm, make sure, that you are not formatting the MAC drive with 4k - this could cause errors, and there is a new a) multibeast and b) a newer version of the boot loader with can be installed separately - but it all depends on reaching the mac desk finally

Maybe this could work? Found it at a different board... they think the error could be related to graphics:

"You can try using the flag`s PCIRoot=1 -v at boot or removing the video kexts from the installer and use -f -v flag`s"

That sounds promising. How do I remove the video kexts ? Is the new bootloader a new version of iboot, or other ? I found the older legacy version is what actually got the install completed, however following the install, it wouldn't boot.

crazypillsmcgee said:
breiti3000 said:

That sounds promising. How do I remove the video kexts ? Is the new bootloader a new version of iboot, or other ? I found the older legacy version is what actually got the install completed, however following the install, it wouldn't boot.

Also, what do you mean by formatting with 4k, sorry if I am just experiencing some brain freeze.

Update:

Created a 20GB Partition, formatted to HFS+ in GParted.
iboot Legacy, then got the OSX Install. Used Disc utility and formatted the partition I created to Mac Journal etc.

Installed, then just before it finished it suddenly rebooted and wouldn't re-start.

Tried booting with the PCRoot=1 but that didn't get me anywhere either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back