Not open for further replies.
CPU
2x Xeon 5450
Graphics
GT 210
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi Guys

Very new to the Hackintosh world, I actually have an ageing MBP 4,1 and would love to try a partition on my PC Laptop.

I have been reading through the huge amount of information, and I have to say, I am pretty overwhelmed. I have a decent understanding of it, but there are so many variables and so many options, it's almost paralysing.

I would like to do the following:

- Install OSX 10.6.x on a stock HP G7-1173ca
(http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/ca/en/ho ... html?dnr=1)

The kicker

I want to do it on my existing HD that already has W7 Running.

My questions:

- Is it reasonably possible to install a new OSX partition on this existing drive without effecting my W7 install ?
- Is there a remotely useful DSDT I can try in multibeast for this laptop (I haven't seen anything in the library)
- Has anybody actually had success on this laptop, or one with similar spec ?
- Any other suggestions ?

:thumbup: Thanks in advance for any help!

John

No help re. your system from my side, sorry.

As for the partition question; yes, you can easily shrink your WIN7 partition in the WIN7 HD console, just select shrink existing partition, and win will come up with a possible and secure size suggestion, so all existing files are safe.

breiti3000 said:
No help re. your system from my side, sorry.

As for the partition question; yes, you can easily shrink your WIN7 partition in the WIN7 HD console, just select shrink existing partition, and win will come up with a possible and secure size suggestion, so all existing files are safe.

Thanks!

Should I actually format it from Disc Management after I shrink it (I already did that part), but wasn't sure if I should do an actual reformat of the new partition to NTFS or just leave it alone until I do the OSX install on it ?

I ask because I went to format as NTFS and it gives me a warning about changing to a Dynamic Disc and losing the ability to boot from any other partition, or something like that.

breiti3000 said:
no need to reformat it under win, the mac installer anyhow requires a different format

Cool, that makes a lot of sense. I am seeing conflicting info on the net about the Intel HD video being supported. Is it really only possible to get 1024x768 or is there a kext to bump the res. My laptop is 1600x1900 native.

The video is the only major issue I am worried about as the other components seem relatively well tested with other HP laptops. At least I think.

breiti3000 said:
what is required is at least a intel 3000 as far as I know - MAC will not support the 2000

I have been trying to find out which exact Intel HD is integrated with my i3 M370 but it just says Intel HD, with no mention of 2k or 3k.

breiti3000 said:
Google says it could be HD3000 - not a proof, but at least a hint :)
http://computers.pricegrabber.com/l...-g7-1173ca-Notebook-Refurbish/m948189174.html

In case the new disk space will not be accessible try this out to make the new space MAC ready: http://gparted.sourceforge.net/

Just sent a pm response to yours, in case anybody else can help as well.

Had to boot with -x -v cpu=1 busratio=18 and got all the way to where I need to go into utlities and select the correct partition, then it just froze and I couldn't do anything.

Suggestions ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back