Contribute
Register

Hackintosh on Asus z270f with Pentium G4400?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The install process went as expected. After file copying the system reboots. Be aware that you select the right "Boot macOS Install from [harddrive name]' and you have to go to 'options' (with arrow keys) to put the cpu id in the 'Binaries patching' menu (as you did with the first step of the installment).

Thanks for the replies!
Yes, you're right.
Hmm... What does that patch do?
Did you put 0x0306A0 or 0x0306E0 or something else for the fake cpu id?
I get kernel panic errors near cpu log messages.
Did you inject null cpu power management as well?

Hmm... What does that patch do?
I'll search for you and put the link here!

Did you put 0x0306A0 or 0x0306E0 or something else for the fake cpu id?
The first one: 0x0306A0

Did you inject null cpu power management as well?
Yes I put the NullCPUPowerManagement on the EFI partition in the folder: Clover\kexts\other\ The one I used is attached as a zip.

UPDATE: You should use the Clover 2.4 patch for 'newer' motherboards (newer bioses). See attached 'Clover_v2.4k_r4920-EmuNVR-UB.pkg.zip. Unzip and run PKG file. Point to the clover / EFI partition you created in the Unibeast fase.

Let me know if you succeed!

After install you need to put the FakeCPUid manualy for 'ever' into your config.plist.

Attachments

• 78938-NullCPUPowerManagement-1.0.0d2.kext.zip
    24.1 KB · Views: 55
  • Clover_v2.4k_r4920-UEFI-EmuNVR-UB.pkg.zip
    4.1 MB · Views: 77
Last edited:
It’s running, tweaking started; 3mb video ram!

Attachments

• CFFA5002-230B-49EA-AC08-5AE401150101.jpeg
    CFFA5002-230B-49EA-AC08-5AE401150101.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 59
  • 0ED8C5F8-BD1F-4AA7-B06D-96235F8D17FF.jpeg
    0ED8C5F8-BD1F-4AA7-B06D-96235F8D17FF.jpeg
    6.4 MB · Views: 54
Still no success :(

Thread 0 crashed.
System model name: blah blah blah
Attempting system restart...

EDIT: Clover Installer pkg does not see the EFI partition mounted via Clover Configurator. So I chose the larger partition.

Last edited:
That's not nice. The thing that is different from my setup is the motherboard, being Asus PRIME z270-a, instead of yours being -f gaming.

Try making a new bootable USB using this steps. LINK-click, then patching it.

Then mount the EFI partition of the USB, BE SHURE YOU ARE ON THE RIGHT EFI PARTITION, and add the NullCPUPowerManagement into the correct folder in that EFI partition. After that you patch the Clover with the PKG. Both are attached in post 12. I took the bios settings from the guide. LINK-click.

@mkaafy Can I make an assumption that your 'FakeCPUid' entry is not working? How, where do you put the value?

EDIT: Another thing: Do you use Clover version 4920 or 4934? those versions do work for me. Others, newer ones, do not boot my system!

Last edited:
@mkaafy Can I make an assumption that your 'FakeCPUid' entry is not working? How, where do you put the value?
I use TextMate:

<key>KernelAndKextPatches</key>
<dict>
<key>#FakeCPUID</key>
<string>0x0306A0</string>

I really appreciate it. I'll disturb you again when I start over.

I use TextMate:

<key>KernelAndKextPatches</key>
<dict>
<key>#FakeCPUID</key>
<string>0x0306A0</string>

I really appreciate it. I'll disturb you again when I start over.

This is not the way you should do it. Please do it manually every time you boot your system in the install process. Afterwards you can do it in your config.plist.

EDIT: Do it manually in Clover -> Options -> Binaries -> Fake CPU. This is not saved but not a problem for now. First we have to get macOS running. Perhaps, presumably your system has more than one EFI partition. So you are editing the wrong config.plist.
1. Make sure you are booting with Clover 4920
2. Make the boot options in config, not in config.plist
3. Make sure you are booting the right macOS partition, not some partition with install software.

This is not the way you should do it. Please do it manually every time you boot your system in the install process. Afterwards you can do it in your config.plist.
I'll try. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back