Contribute
Register

Hackintosh on Asus z270f with Pentium G4400?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS Z270F
CPU
G4400
Graphics
GTX 1050 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello there
I'm so used to macOS on my MacBook Pro and I'd like to install hackintosh on my PC.

Two problems:
One:
I have a Pentium G4400 CPU on my Asus z270f and I don't want to upgrade it.
Two: I have three SSDs. A new empty M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD which I'd like to install hackintosh on. I'm already running Windows 10 on my SATA SSD and Windows 7 on a M.2 SATA SSD, So I need to keep CSM enabled.

I'm totally new to the hackintosh world and I need some guidance please.

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks.

Edit: Is hackintosh as stable as macOS? Does it harm my hardware?

Problem 1 & 2 aren`t. Your mobo is perfect. NVMe works without any magic trick. Problem 1 = FakeCPUID. I never have built an hackintosh with an unsuported cpu so cannot gives you any feedback. But I can tell you that my ImHack late 2013 i5 4670k still work perfectly perfect and that my new i7 7700k z270 build is already rock solid too. SO worth it. Search: Pentium G4400. There`s some success builts. BTW the last version of OSX that have the drivers available for your Nvidia gpu is High Sierra. Only AMD gpu work OOB with most recent versions of OSX.

Simply start with a guide like this and see...
High Sierra: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ierra-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.235474/

Nvidia driver for your 1050Ti: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...s-high-sierra-10-13-6-387-10-10-10-40.255913/

The Guides section here, is a good starting point for any OSX version including Catalina.

Last edited:
Hello there.
I'm so used to macOS on my MacBook Pro and I'd like to install hackintosh on my PC.

Two problems:
One:
I have a Pentium G4400 CPU on my Asus z270f and I don't want to upgrade it.
Two: I have three SSDs. A new empty M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD which I'd like to install hackintosh on. I'm already running Windows 10 on my SATA SSD and Windows 7 on a M.2 SATA SSD, So I need to keep CSM enabled.

I'm totally new to the hackintosh world and I need some guidance please.

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks.

Edit: Is hackintosh as stable as macOS? Does it harm my hardware?

(1) Pentium CPUs are not supported on MacOS as Apple does not use them. It may work with a FakeCPUID in Clover.

It is best to replace the CPU with a compatible i3 or better but since you said you don't want to upgrade, try to search to find how to use FakeCPUID.

Last edited:
Use cursor arrow to go to options tab in Clover Menu. Go to "Binaries" and add 0x0306A0 for CPUID. You may also need to use NullCPUPowerManagementkext in clover/kexts/other folder.

P.S. I'm using a Pentium g3258 Haswell 2 core CPU and use the above fixes. I'm in Catalina 15.3 beta 2 and have been using this rig since Sierra and have never had a fail to update to new versions of MacOS.

Your Nvidia gtx760 should be supported in Sierra, High Sierra, Mojave and Catalina on native macOS drivers.

Last edited:
Thanks, everyone! You rock! I will be doing it in a few days.

I can't proceed to the installer. When that white bar below Apple's logo moves to around 30%, the system restarts. I think I've set the right BIOS settings. What should I do now?

I can boot to the installer for now, I have to physically install a HDD into the system before I can actually install software. I'm using High Sierra. I've got a few 'messages' while booting in verbose mode (-v boot arg) but it actually did boot into the installer.
Because the bios is pretty new, I used a patch that worked over the prepared USB. Have to search for you if needed.

configuration:
Motherboard: Asus Prime Z270-a
CPU: Intel G4400
RAM: 4gb DDR4

Attachments

• 840F8CC3-BFAC-4217-9BC5-502C839362BA.jpeg
    840F8CC3-BFAC-4217-9BC5-502C839362BA.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 90
Last edited:
The install process went as expected. After file copying the system reboots. Be aware that you select the right "Boot macOS Install from [harddrive name]' and you have to go to 'options' (with arrow keys) to put the cpu id in the 'Binaries patching' menu (as you did with the first step of the installment).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back