Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell B460
CPU
i5-10500
Graphics
HD 630
Hey there,

So I've been scouring this and other forums literally all day and I'm stuck trying to install Mojave on a stock Optiplex 3050. I created my Bootable USB with Unibeast without an issuse and I can boot from the USB just fine, the trouble comes when the installer asks me to choose a location to install Mojave to. No matter what I do, how many guides I look at, I cannot get my hard drive to show up. Its a basic 128 GB Samsung SSD. No, it isnt M.2 or NVME, its a regular old SATA connection. I've tried UEFI, Legacy, re-creating the installer USB, erasing and reformating the SSD in different formats. I'm new to this so I'm sure I'm missing something obvious so a little direction would be much appreciated.

Thanks

edit:
For reference, the 3050 I have has the following specs:
Intel i5-6500T @ 2.50 GHz
Dell 0JP3NX Motherboard
Integrated Intel HD 530 graphics
Samsung 128 GB SSD

Last edited:
Hey there,

So I've been scouring this and other forums literally all day and I'm stuck trying to install Mojave on a stock Optiplex 3050. I created my Bootable USB with Unibeast without an issuse and I can boot from the USB just fine, the trouble comes when the installer asks me to choose a location to install Mojave to. No matter what I do, how many guides I look at, I cannot get my hard drive to show up. Its a basic 128 GB Samsung SSD. No, it isnt M.2 or NVME, its a regular old SATA connection. I've tried UEFI, Legacy, re-creating the installer USB, erasing and reformating the SSD in different formats. I'm new to this so I'm sure I'm missing something obvious so a little direction would be much appreciated.

Thanks

edit:
Dell 0JP3NX Motherboard
Integrated Intel HD 510 graphics
Samsung 128 GB SSD

Hi there,

Okay, if you can't get UniBeast to recognise the SSD how are you able to format or reformat it in different formats?

To check the SSD is "present" you can boot with UniBeast, load the installer and when the menu comes up select Disk Utility to check your storage. Could be the partition rather than the format ?

Also: Please update your hardware Profile to reflect your PC. This is a part of the site Rules and it enables other members with similar hardware to be able to help you :thumbup:

:)

Hey there,

Thanks

edit:
Dell 0JP3NX Motherboard
Samsung 128 GB SSD

You can try the instructions on my Clunker build. Link is below in my signature.

Hey there,

Thanks

edit:
Dell 0JP3NX Motherboard
Samsung 128 GB SSD

upload here your EFI folder

Hey guys thanks for the response. pastrychef I actually used your clunker build haha and I got it work on my own! Something with my BIOS settings that wasn't right, finally found a thread that led me to the answer. Thank you! I've run into the next problem which is configuring multibeast so that I can boot directly from the hard drive...I'm not sure which options to pick

Last edited:
Hey guys thanks for the response. pastrychef I actually used your clunker build haha and I got it work on my own! Something with my BIOS settings that wasn't right, finally found a thread that led me to the answer. Thank you! I've run into the next problem which is configuring multibeast so that I can boot directly from the hard drive...I'm not sure which options to pick

If you have everything working, just copy the EFI folder from your USB flash drive to the EFI partition of your main system drive. You don't need to run MultiBeast again.

Oh ok that’s not too hard, thanks. It seems the only hardware that isn’t working is the audio. I know the 3050 has Realtek ALC3234, but I do not see that option to inject in multi beast. Should I use one of the “universal” drivers instead?

Oh ok that’s not too hard, thanks. It seems the only hardware that isn’t working is the audio. I know the 3050 has Realtek ALC3234, but I do not see that option to inject in multi beast. Should I use one of the “universal” drivers instead?

When I tried, I was unable to get onboard audio working using AppleALC. I do have HDMI audio working and that's all I needed. You can try VoodooHDA if you need onboard audio working. It should work with VoodooHDA, but I never personally tried.

Check my thread to drive alc255(3234);)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back