Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Howdy all,
I'm having a very odd issue with my hackintosh. It will occasionally (it happened for the second time last night) completely lock up, and when this happens it is accompanied by an extremely loud static. The static isn't just white noise, but almost similar to plugging in the speakers and fumbling a bit. It is periodic (like a 0.5 second loop). Both times it has happened, I wasn't there when it started so I haven't been able to isolate a specific time, but I don't see anything in the logs that is throwing up any flags. Any ideas about what might be happening or how better to diagnose it would be greatly appreciated.

Howdy all,
I'm having a very odd issue with my hackintosh. It will occasionally (it happened for the second time last night) completely lock up, and when this happens it is accompanied by an extremely loud static. The static isn't just white noise, but almost similar to plugging in the speakers and fumbling a bit. It is periodic (like a 0.5 second loop). Both times it has happened, I wasn't there when it started so I haven't been able to isolate a specific time, but I don't see anything in the logs that is throwing up any flags. Any ideas about what might be happening or how better to diagnose it would be greatly appreciated.

I too am having this. It has happened 3 times now, once at like 3:00am, scared the crap out of me thought someone was breaking into the house, till i woke up and ran out amped to fight; To find it was my wife's hackintosh screeching and frozen :evil:. The machine is compromised of have an Intel 4770 CPU, ASUS sabertooh z97, GTX 760, Samsung 840pro ssd, and an Apple cinema display 27" hooked up the the GPU witha mini displayport to full display-port adapter, the Apple cinema display's USB is also hooked up for sound and the iSight camera. Any one know what might be causing this? oh also it is running Yosemite OS and the Nvida drivers.
Let me know if there are any logs can get or if any other info is needed. Its my wife's production machine so any help would be immensely helpful....stay awesome tonymacx86 community.

I have this also. Usually happens when my wife or child are using sites such as NickJr.com or Bravo.com. Scares the crap out of them too. Asked this question in the ga-x58a-ud3r thread, as it might relate to being overclocked - hasn't happen yet (about 2 days) since I turned off the overclock.

I dont think i have anything overclocked but is there a way to check to see if anything IS overclocked?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back