Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi everyone.

First time hackintosh builder here.

Everything on my OS is working (Mavericks) Except for waking from sleep.

If I set the computer to sleep and try to wake within 2-3 minutes, everything is fine. It wakes.
But if I wait long enough 10-15 minutes, it won't wake.

Also have been messing with darkware settings at the boot screen and now my computer
seems to be powering on and off during sleep. Not sure if this is normal. The power led turns off then on, the fans start up and my external drives disconnect and the reconnect.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks!

Can't help you without knowing which board you're using.

My motherboard is a GA-Z87X-UD3H
Processor: i7 4770k

Graphic card: Geforce gtx770

You might like to start by checking your bios options.

This board has been used in several builds, stating that sleep works just fine.

Check Adamsmashers build here.

You might like to start by checking your bios options.

This board has been used in several builds, stating that sleep works just fine.

Check Adamsmashers build here.

I looked through his post and the most I found about BIOS settings, was that he set optimized defaults.
I did this but the computer is still acting the same way. The power seems to cycle on and off during sleep almost like it's restarting itself.

I have the same board and seem to be having exactly the same problem as you. Did you manage to find a solution?

I have the same problem, I have computer sleep disabled in power management as of the moment and only display sleep on.

Looks like you're creating new accounts. It helps if you provide ALL the hardware on your setup as well what you've installed related to the OS, such as how you installed your OS, which OS, what boot loader you're using, and what kexts you've installed. Are you using an SSDT? If you list everything you've done to your computer, you're more likely to get more help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back