Graphics
onboard vga
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
hello,

hoping someone could help. I purchased a used server off ebay: amibios 2.1c on Supermicro 1U Server X8DTU-F 2x Xeon X5675 3.06ghz Hex Core / 96gb / DVD

I have disabled VT-d

following the guide, the first thing it says is to format the disk (flash drive) to mac os extended (journaled) and For Scheme: choose GUID Partition Map...

however there is no scheme option on my imac:

System Version: macOS 10.12.6 (16G29)
Kernel Version: Darwin 16.7.0

Within STEP 2: Create a Bootable USB Drive with UniBeast: I chose Legacy Boot Mode, and i have tried leaving both inject ATI and inject NVIDIA unchecked, and checking one... (yes I have tried this a few times)

16. Drag MultiBeast to your completed USB drive. Does this mean drag the zip file or the unzipped folder?? I have tried dragging both.

Each time I boot, I get the following in the upper left hand corner:

boot1: /boot

it just sits there.

Any suggestions? Thank you....

Buffyandsneaky

Any suggestions?

Onboard.png

You claim to be using 'onboard VGA' and yet the Xeon X5675 does not have integrated graphics and VGA is unsupported by Apple.

View attachment 272119

You claim to be using 'onboard VGA' and yet the Xeon X5675 does not have integrated graphics and VGA is unsupported by Apple.

the motherboard has onboard vga... so are you saying this motherboard will not work with hackintosh?

the motherboard has onboard vga... so are you saying this motherboard will not work with hackintosh?
Some configurations work and others don't, it's difficult to predict but VGA remains unsupported.

The reason it doesnt work is because a lot of server based boards have a small graphic controller, with typically just a few megs of ram, that is used for IPMI/remote management purposes. The graphics controllers are typically quite basic with limited capability and resolution. Its done this way as a server often operates in headless mode where a screen is not routinely connected during day-to-day operation.

Looking at the specs page here, it confirms you have Matrox G200eW graphics. The G200 graphics date back to the 1990's and will never be supported in OSX.

Your board does have a PCIE2x16 slot available. Your best option would be either a low profile GPU or a PCIE riser cable might give you more options.

Storks message above is also a point to remember. Xeons dont have built in graphics of any kind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back