Graphics
Geforce GTX 1050 Ti G1 Gaming
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

I'm slowly inching my way to very stable system, but I'm still getting lockup/system freezes when I plug in USB devices. Not every time, but enough that I cringe when it's time to plug one in.

I originally setup my Hackintosh in February of 2014 which was probably OS X 10.9.1 and then upgraded when apple released patches, never bothering to figure out if I needed to reapply any kext patches along the way. I've since realized this was a bad idea, but since I didn't really keep track I'm trying to figure out an easy way to find all the kext's that I've patched or installed via MultiBeast.

My real issue right now is USB support however. I'm wondering if the USB 3.0 support has been updated since February, if so can I just select that one and reapply it via MultiBeast?

Thanks much,

Jeff

Hi,

I'm slowly inching my way to very stable system, but I'm still getting lockup/system freezes when I plug in USB devices. Not every time, but enough that I cringe when it's time to plug one in.

I originally setup my Hackintosh in February of 2014 which was probably OS X 10.9.1 and then upgraded when apple released patches, never bothering to figure out if I needed to reapply any kext patches along the way. I've since realized this was a bad idea, but since I didn't really keep track I'm trying to figure out an easy way to find all the kext's that I've patched or installed via MultiBeast.

My real issue right now is USB support however. I'm wondering if the USB 3.0 support has been updated since February, if so can I just select that one and reapply it via MultiBeast?

Thanks much,

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

I use an MSI Z87-G45 Gaming motherboard.
all USB3.0 are fully supported using the kext in MultiBeast. You can always install it through MultiBeast. If it doesn't work you can boot in to Mavericks using the -x command ( safe mode ).
then you will be able to delete the freshly installed kext for USB3.0 and start over again.

GL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back