Contribute
Register

Hackintosh for developer and gamer

Status
Not open for further replies.
CPU
i7
Hello,
I am new at this forum and I am definitely not an expert in Hackintosh, so please forgive my very basic questions ;)

I am trying to order parts to my very first Hackintosh and I have few questions.

My machine will be used for:
40% developing front-end/back-end applications (Sierra)
30% playing games (on second system – Win10)
20% developing mobile apps for Android and iOS (Sierra)
10% making movies in Final Cut Pro X + DaVinci Resolve 12 (Sierra)

First question (the most important):
I am looking for quiet GeForce card. On this list, I don’t see any MSI or Palit.

Are the following cards compatible with Sierra?
Palit GeForce GTX 1080 GameRock 8GB GDDR5X (256 bit) HDMI, DVI-D, 3x DP, BOX (NEB1080T15P2G)
GeForce GTX 1080 Gaming 8GB GDDR5X (256 bit) HDMI, 3x DP, DVI, BOX (GTX 1080 Gaming X 8G)

Second question:
I have too little knowledge about motherboards. Could you advise me which motherboard I should choose for i7 7700K? I am still not sure if I should take Z270 or Z170. I see that there is already discussion about it on this forum.

The list from Buyer's Guide is quite long. It would be nice to have USB 3.1 gen.2, but "normal" USB 3.1 would be also fine :)

Third question
I know that i7 7700K is not yet fully supported. The difference between prices of 7700 and 6700 is only a few dollars/euros. Do you think that is a bad idea to take the least i7? The new MacBook pro will be with Kaby Lake: http://www.theverge.com/2017/1/16/14289916/kgi-ming-chi-kuo-apple-analyst-kaby-lake-macbook-pros-ram
In case that Kaby Lake is not stable now, I can wait for few months for better drivers

Thank you in advance for your help :)

Most any GTX 1080 will work with the drivers from Nvidia. We suggest going with a major name brand like EVGA, Asus or Gigabyte. For your stated usage I would go with a core I5 instead of the I7 and save 100 USD. Whether you go Kaby lake or Skylake is your choice. Kaby Lake CPUs will require a fake CPU ID and a few other tweaks as of today. May change later this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back