Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello,

I am a new to the hackintosh world ,but I have done a lot of research in terms of what parts I think I want to use for my build. I based my build on the buyer's guide.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD5H ATX LGA1150 Motherboard

Memory: Crucial Ballistix 16GB (2 X 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory

Storage : Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive

Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive

Case: Corsair Carbide Series Black 500R

Power Supply: Corsair RM 650W 80+ gold certified

Wireless Network Adapter : TP-Link TL-WDN4800 802.11a/b/g/n

I plan on using the build for web development, coding, design(Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Indesign,), gaming, possible 3d modeling, dual booting,etc.

I plan on using Maverick and Windows 7 OS.

If anyone can point out any problems with the build please let me know thanks.

Your parts are sound and will work with UniBeast and MultiBeast

As a starting point, you are good to go and could give your Intel HD4600 graphics a good work out to see how effective internal graphics are with your applications however as your usage is graphics intensive, you may want to consider buying a discrete graphics card to go with your build.

Your parts are sound and will work with UniBeast and MultiBeast

As a starting point, you are good to go and could give your Intel HD4600 graphics a good work out to see how effective internal graphics are with your applications however as your usage is graphics intensive, you may want to consider buying a discrete graphics card to go with your build.

Might also be worth getting the 4790K if the price difference isn't much. At least gives you the option to increase (or even decrease if temps are high) the clock speed. Helpful if you need more performance later down the line.

Would also budget a HDD. You will fill up those SSD's very quick! I am on two 250gb SSDs and just installed a 2TB HDD last weekend to cope!

Good luck!

Would 760s in SLI have a major difference in creative work?

If you are only gaming at 1080p/60Hz, I would suggest a single 770 in lieu of 760s in SLI. You will happily get >60fps on average at that resolution, making any gains from the 760 in SLI not really noticeable. Not to mention not having to deal with potential issues with games that are poorly optimised for SLI.

Obviously if there are tangible benefits for creative work then that would be a sound argument.

Just my 2p's worth...

Might also be worth getting the 4790K if the price difference isn't much. At least gives you the option to increase (or even decrease if temps are high) the clock speed. Helpful if you need more performance later down the line.

Would also budget a HDD. You will fill up those SSD's very quick! I am on two 250gb SSDs and just installed a 2TB HDD last weekend to cope!

Good luck!

Thank you for the advice also I meant to put the 4790k model down.

Would 760s in SLI have a major difference in creative work?

If you are only gaming at 1080p/60Hz, I would suggest a single 770 in lieu of 760s in SLI. You will happily get >60fps on average at that resolution, making any gains from the 760 in SLI not really noticeable. Not to mention not having to deal with potential issues with games that are poorly optimised for SLI.

Obviously if there are tangible benefits for creative work then that would be a sound argument.

Just my 2p's worth...

I will probably go with the 770's just cause of price but if anyone knows otherwise pls let me know

I will probably go with the 770's just cause of price but if anyone knows otherwise pls let me know

Might be worth waiting to see how well supported the 970 is. Awesome card and performance is on par with the 780 :thumbup:

Sorry for adding to the confusion! So many choices!

I would recommend upgrading to the 500GB 840 evo. Based on reviews it has improved read and write performance compared to the smaller drives. It is also a good value for the capacity and will be more usable long term due to the larger capacity.

Daniel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back