Graphics
Radeon HD 6850
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have a peculiar problem with my Hackintosh. It is a triboot system of 10.8.3, Win7, and Ubuntu 12.

My issue is that for some reason, when I am running OS X:
1) it will not find networked Macintosh computers, but it does see networked Windows computers (but will not connect to these machines)
2) it will not read/see windows formatted NTFS drives but it will read/see mac HFS drives

Disk Utility will see connected drives and I can format them as ExFAT or MS-DOS but it fails to mount them.

I have Verified and Repaired Disk Permissions to no avail and attempted to reinstall my hnak's network drivers from MultiBeast but the installation consistently fails.

This was not a problem a few days ago so can someone point me in the direction of possible causes? I haven't updated anything except basic programs from the app store. The only alterations to system files have been made is changing Graphics Enabler on the Boot list to "No" so I can use a second monitor.

the 6850 needs GE=YES mod wildwillow can confirm this. dont worry about being reconized as 6xxx be glad it working.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-07-20 at 7.55.00 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-07-20 at 7.55.00 PM.png
    82.1 KB · Views: 213
the 6850 needs GE=YES mod wildwillow can confirm this. dont worry about being reconized as 6xxx be glad it working.

I've had the GE set to Yes but my HDMI port won't work with the DVI without it being set to "NO" and I need the second monitor.

did u notice the EthernetBuiltIn=yes flag this might fix the lan and it might ge a good idea to disable the 2 iEEE 1394 ports on the mobo in the bios

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back