Contribute
Register

Hackintosh CPU cores max out, computer crashes and reboots

Open Hackintool App, navigate to the Utilities tab, select ‘ACPI DUMP’ icon, select new folder to contain ACPI tables and Hackintool will generate your system ACPI tables in the folder. Simple.

Open Hackintool App, navigate to the Utilities tab, select ‘ACPI DUMP’ icon, select new folder to contain ACPI tables and Hackintool will generate your system ACPI tables in the folder. Simple.
Will do, thanks.

I am away with the wife this weekend but will be back home tomorrow and will do it then.

Edhawk - here are the dump files

any thoughts you have would be really helpful, thanks

Attachments

• ACPI Dump.zip
    227.6 KB · Views: 15
I’ll look at these when I am on a computer later today.

OK, I have used your system DSDT.aml table along with Corpnewt's SSDTTime python script to generate a number of custom SSDT's and config.plist ACPI > Patches for your CFL system. The Results folder generated by SSDTTime has been attached below.

The SSDTs and patches have been added to the OC 0.9.5 EFI folder also attached below. This is a separate/new EFI folder I have not used your previous one, but I have checked to make sure it follows the OC guide for a Coffee Lake system using an RX 580 dGPU with a natively supported IGPU.

I have also added a couple of custom SSDT's.
  1. An SSDT that will disable the CNVW device containing the Intel WiFi/BT card, as these were known to cause problems when left enabled in CFL Hacks running macOS.
  2. Another SSDT that should help your RX 580 work better with macOS.
I have omitted your USB kexts, as I am not sure they are correct. As an alternative I have enabled the Kernel > Quirks > XhciPortLimit entry in the OC config.plist and added USBInjectAll.kext so you should have all your USB ports functional while you test this EFI.

You should be able to use Hackintool to generate a new custom USBPorts.kext using this EFI in macOS.

Testing/Booting:
If you want to try this revised EFI, simply add your Serial Number, MLB and ROM data etc. to the new config.plist. Don't make any other changes to the setup.
  • Enable your IGPU in the BIOS, but make sure you have the PCIE/PEGP/External GPU set as the primary graphics card. As this is how macOS expects to find your system setup.
  • You may need to boot in to the BIOS twice to check that the correct graphics settings are in place.
After adding the Serial Number etc. to the config.plist, copy the new EFI folder to the EFI partition on a spare USB pen drive and boot from the pen drive.

Don't replace your current EFI until you are sure the new EFI works and boots without any issues.

You will need to use the ResetNvramEntry.efi option before you boot with this new OC setup.
  • Simply boot from the USB pen drive, press the Spacebar when you arrive on the OC boot screen (GUI),
    • This will unhide the tools and drivers contained in your OC setup.
  • Select the ResetNvramEntry.efi and the system should automatically reboot.
  • Select your USB pen drive from the system Boot Menu again, and
    • This time boot in to macOS using the revised EFI.
Hopefully this will help solve your CPU Max Core issues.

Attachments

• Results.zip
    9.5 KB · Views: 14
  • EFI-095.zip
    11.2 MB · Views: 20
OK, I have used your system DSDT.aml table along with Corpnewt's SSDTTime python script to generate a number of custom SSDT's and config.plist ACPI > Patches for your CFL system. The Results folder generated by SSDTTime has been attached below.

The SSDTs and patches have been added to the OC 0.9.5 EFI folder also attached below. This is a separate/new EFI folder I have not used your previous one, but I have checked to make sure it follows the OC guide for a Coffee Lake system using an RX 580 dGPU with a natively supported IGPU.

1. An SSDT that will disable the CNVW device containing the Intel WiFi/BT card, as these were known to cause problems when left enabled in CFL Hacks running macOS.
I have omitted your USB kexts, as I am not sure they are correct. As an alternative I have enabled the Kernel > Quirks > XhciPortLimit entry in the OC config.plist and added USBInjectAll.kext so you should have all your USB ports functional while you test this EFI.

You should be able to use Hackintool to generate a new custom USBPorts.kext using this EFI in macOS.

Testing/Booting:
If you want to try this revised EFI, simply add your Serial Number, MLB and ROM data etc. to the new config.plist. Don't make any other changes to the setup.
  • Enable your IGPU in the BIOS, but make sure you have the PCIE/PEGP/External GPU set as the primary graphics card. As this is how macOS expects to find your system setup.
  • You may need to boot in to the BIOS twice to check that the correct graphics settings are in place.
After adding the Serial Number etc. to the config.plist, copy the new EFI folder to the EFI partition on a spare USB pen drive and boot from the pen drive.

Don't replace your current EFI until you are sure the new EFI works and boots without any issues.

You will need to use the ResetNvramEntry.efi option before you boot with this new OC setup.
  • Simply boot from the USB pen drive, press the Spacebar when you arrive on the OC boot screen (GUI),
Edhawk - thank you so much

I will do this is the morning, so I have time to focus on this with distractions and I will let you know how I get on.

Testing/Booting:

Edhawk

I have copied the new folder to the EFI partition on a USB

I have checked the BIOS - all OK

I have reset the NVRAM

I boot with the USB inserted, I get the OpenCore boot menu with the EFI (External) showing which I assume is the USB, but when I select this it loops back to the Opencore boot menu

I wonder if I have not created the USB correctly? Any thoughts?

Thanks for your help

No, I have no idea what could be causing this reboot issue.

Could be problems with bios or macOS installer, no way to tell with the information on hand.

No, I have no idea what could be causing this reboot issue.

Could be problems with bios or macOS installer, no way to tell with the information on hand.
Do I need to put anything else on the USB? I erased the USB, then mounted the EFI partition and copied the files you sent into the EFI directory (having adding serial number etc) and then uncounted the partition. Did I need to do anything else / copy anything else to the USB?

I am trying to boot into Ventura (as I did before) which is taking along time to boot - is that expected as I cleared the nvram?

Sorry to barrage you with questions

Back