Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-H81M-S
CPU
G3240
Graphics
GT 710
I have Gigabyte GA-H81m-s and Intel Pentium DC G3240 3.1 GHZ and no graphics card (only integrated Intel graphics), 8 GB RAM and 240gb SSD. Can I install MacOS Mojave on my computer with fakeCPUid

You would need to also add a supported GPU like a GT 710 with DDR3 RAM to get it working as only the Intel graphics in the core i3, i5 and i7 processors are supported in macOS. If you can find a cheap i3 processor for less than a GT 710, then consider a processor upgrade at the same time.

You must use a digital video connection between your computer and your monitor too.

or you could swap your cpu - for a 4th Gen Chip with HD4600 graphics and run it without an additional gpu

or you could swap your cpu - for a 4th Gen Chip with HD4600 graphics and run it without an additional gpu

The OP is using a Gigabyte GA-H81m-s motherboard that only has a VGA output and isn't supported in macOS.

The OP is using a Gigabyte GA-H81m-s motherboard that only has a VGA output and isn't supported in macOS.
I am currently using vga port for my monitor do I need to have HDMI for successful hackintosh.

I am currently using vga port for my monitor do I need to have HDMI for successful hackintosh.
Sorry - hadnt grapsed the board only had vga, Adrian B is right - you will need a GPU to go with that board as you do need a digital output (hdmi,dp, or dvi)- some people get away with using vga to install but I dont think there are any who use vga on their final build - For Mojave the GT710 is pretty much the lowest spec card you can go for (and one of the very few nvdia cards that work with mojave at any price).

The GT 710 (DDR3 VRAM version) will work in Mojave. with native Apple support - No additional driver requirement which is good because Nvidia only providing additional driver support to High Sierra.

Some folk have been able to use VGA from a GPU like a GT 710 with success, but you should be aware that this isn't supposed to work, so its just down to good fortune. An active digital to analogue converter (DVI or HDMI to VGA) is a good additional option if you are stuck with a VGA only monitor.

The GT 710 (DDR3 VRAM version) will work in Mojave. with native Apple support - No additional driver requirement which is good because Nvidia only providing additional driver support to High Sierra.

Some folk have been able to use VGA from a GPU like a GT 710 with success, but you should be aware that this isn't supposed to work, so its just down to good fortune. An active digital to analogue converter (DVI or HDMI to VGA) is a good additional option if you are stuck with a VGA only monitor.
Ok if I want to install OS X El Capitan then also do I need GT 710 or the integrated graphics will work?

Integrated graphics do work when using core I3, core i5 and core i7 processors (GT-2) - but you do need to use a digital output from the motherboard which the Gigabyte GA-H81M-S does not have.

You will need to spoof the CPU ID to allow macOS to allow your processor to boot as Pentiums and Celerons (GT-1) require this step to allow macOS to boot. As boot with VGA from the motherboard doesn't work 99% of the time you will want to get your hardware working add a GPU like the GT 710 to get working graphics support.

Ca
Integrated graphics do work when using core I3, core i5 and core i7 processors (GT-2) - but you do need to use a digital output from the motherboard which the Gigabyte GA-H81M-S does not have.

You will need to spoof the CPU ID to allow macOS to allow your processor to boot as Pentiums and Celerons (GT-1) require this step to allow macOS to boot. As boot with VGA from the motherboard doesn't work 99% of the time you will want to get your hardware working add a GPU like the GT 710 to get working graphics support.
Can I go with GT 710 GDDR5? Will it cause any problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back