HD5100
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi guys,

Thanks for providing us the most wonderful and reliable hackintosh website tonymacx86.
You are kind to provide Buyer's Guide for convenience. I bought computer as your guide. But it seems that not evening is perfect. Now I am suffering from the problem: Hackintosh cannot work up from sleep sometimes!
On your forum, there are similar questions, but no answer. Could you help to let your engineers to investigate the common issue, and fix it totally?

My hardware:
CPU: i5 4690S
Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-Z87M-D3H
RAM: Kingston HyperX Furry 8GB
SSD: SAMSUNG 840 PRO 128GB
Power: SuperFlower SF-450P14XE(HX)
Display: ViewSonic VX2363smhl-W
Wireless: BCM4322
Case: JONSBO U3
OS X: Mavericks 10.9.5 (with UniBeast, not Clover)

I use MultiBeast just for the following patch:
- DSDT Free
- Audio/Realtek ALC892
- Disk/SSD TRIM 10.9.4+
- Network/RTL8111

I've tried MultiBeast 7.1.1 + OS X Yosemite 10.10.1 and MultiBeast 6.5.0 + OS X Mavericks 10.9.5, but encountered the same issue.
It is very easy to reproduce the issue: just sleep and wait until the power light of the computer is turned off, then press power button to wake up, you will see only CPU's power fan is running, no display signal to display monitor, or display login window and then freeze. The only thing we can do then is long pressing button to restart/shutdown the computer. If you cannot see the phenomenon for just one time action, please let the computer sleep for a long time, or just repeat the sleep and wake up action.

On the same computer, I ever used MultiBeast 6.x when the version is lower than 6.5.0.

For earlier version:
- the audio does not work after sleep and wake up, I must sleep and wake up again to enable audio.
- the OS is not stable sometimes(just during working, not sleep and wake up). Tt freeze randomly, keyboard and mouse does not work. I must restart the computer.
But it seems that sleep and wake up worked well, seldom no display signal, maybe had but I could not remember it.

For new version 6.5.0:
- The audio works well after sleep and wake up, rarely no sound(encountered one time).
- The OS is more stable. If no sleep and wake up operation before, the OS does not freeze.
- The sleep and wake up does not work. No display signal, freeze after sleep and wake up almost every time.

You said: "We recommend these specific Gigabyte 8 Series motherboards because they have simple post-installation, don't require a pre-patched DSDT, and have native sleep/wake functionality. "
Really?

You know, except FakeSMC, MultiBeast install several drivers into OS X. Did you update driver to fix some problems, such as audio and stable, but result in some other problems, such as sleep and wake up issue?

Thanks,
Yanghua

"We recommend these specific Gigabyte 8 Series motherboards because they have simple post-installation, don't require a pre-patched DSDT, and have native sleep/wake functionality. "
Really?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back