Contribute
Register

“HackinMouse” Skylake H110 Econo Rig | i5-6500 | GA-H110M-A | 16GB | RX560

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you!!!

What happens when I am quitting the installation process after the download is complete and reboot my hackintosh? On a real mac you cannot abort the installation by quitting the installation app. To prevent the installation of High Sierra after a reboot you need to deactivate SIP, delete the installation files and change the startup volume. Is this necessary on a hackintosh?

Last edited:
I am stuck at creating the USB install Disk with Unibeast 8. Both computers (Hackintosh 10.12.0 and real iMac Yosemite 10.10.5) are not been able to create a working install Disk (Error: "Couldn't create installer"). It looks like there is a bug in Unibeast 8 … this is so sad.

My Problem:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/unibeast-doesnt-recognize-my-high-sierra-installer.251232/

Are there any alternatives to create a working High Sierra USB install Disk without Unibeast.app?

Hi, was away for a few days. Were you able to get the installer created using an alternative method? If not, perhaps try this method:
https://www.macworld.com/article/32...macos-high-sierra-installer-drive.html?page=2

Thank you!!!

What happens when I am quitting the installation process after the download is complete and reboot my hackintosh? On a real mac you cannot abort the installation by quitting the installation app. To prevent the installation of High Sierra after a reboot you need to deactivate SIP, delete the installation files and change the startup volume. Is this necessary on a hackintosh?

Not exactly sure on this one, but since the hack has the Clover bootloader we have more control to just boot the regular MacOS option (instead of the newly appeared installer boot option), at least up until a certain point. I booted the OS back up by accident during an update one time, when I was supposed to chose the installer boot option. Nothing happened, but the installer volume\partition will persist. From what I recall, I just rebooted, went back into Clover, and booted from the installer partition to complete the update. That said, I am always prepared to just restore my machine in case of failure, so I don't worry about things like this too much, LOL.

Nice post. I am using a GA-110M-H which is pretty much the same as the GA-110M-A with the only difference is an extra VGA port. I have follow some of your recommendations for building the system. One thing I am not so sure is "Make sure the I/O controller = Disabled". (It won't say Super I/O.) The GA-H110M-A board has the iTE® I/O Controller Chip per the specifications, which I can't find any where in the BIOS settings. Would you please kindly guide me where to turn this off?

My system works 90% perfect, but restart and sleep is not functioning. Would the I/O controller be the issue? Any help would be awesome. Here is the link to my issue: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/h110m-h-restart-and-sleep-problem.251458/

Thank you for your help.

Nice post. I am using a GA-110M-H which is pretty much the same as the GA-110M-A with the only difference is an extra VGA port. I have follow some of your recommendations for building the system. One thing I am not so sure is "Make sure the I/O controller = Disabled". (It won't say Super I/O.) The GA-H110M-A board has the iTE® I/O Controller Chip per the specifications, which I can't find any where in the BIOS settings. Would you please kindly guide me where to turn this off?

My system works 90% perfect, but restart and sleep is not functioning. Would the I/O controller be the issue? Any help would be awesome. Here is the link to my issue: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/h110m-h-restart-and-sleep-problem.251458/

Thank you for your help.

Hi, the GA-110M-H and GA-110M-A use the same iTE® I/O Controller Chip per Gigabyte's web site. I see you are using BIOS version F24 and I am using F20, but I don't see the I/O Controller option in your screen-prints. I can look when I get back home to the machine to see what the option is within the BIOS in F20. Not sure if this will help with shutdown issues or not.

You already have ErP enabled, so this is good. This allowed proper shutdown without immediate reboot on one of my hacks.

For sleep issues, have you tried using any of the darkwake options in Clover?

Hi, the GA-110M-H and GA-110M-A use the same iTE® I/O Controller Chip per Gigabyte's web site. I see you are using BIOS version F24 and I am using F20, but I don't see the I/O Controller option in your screen-prints. I can look when I get back home to the machine to see what the option is within the BIOS in F20. Not sure if this will help with shutdown issues or not.

You already have ErP enabled, so this is good. This allowed proper shutdown without immediate reboot on one of my hacks.

I was on F20 before, and it gives be same problem. My problem is it shuts down perfectly, but, when I do reboot, that's the problem - it doesn't actually do reboot - it just gets stuck in a black screen doing nothing. If you would have a look your settings, that would be a good help to start off.

If you have time, could you please have a look at my Clover file which I have attached in my post. See if I done anything different to you. These two boards are pretty much identical, just the H version has an extra VGA port. Otherwise, its all same. Thanks in advance

Hi mots just let you know, the cause to my problem is using the onboard HD630, when i put a GTX750ti in the system, everything just works like a real mac (even the sleep and awake works perfect, everything is off, and activate with keyboard, and no video issues after its awake), anyway thanks for your input, and to anyone want to build new systems, best to get a cheap external card if you can, as the onboard cards just have so many problems

thanks

Hi mots just let you know, the cause to my problem is using the onboard HD630, when i put a GTX750ti in the system, everything just works like a real mac (even the sleep and awake works perfect, everything is off, and activate with keyboard, and no video issues after its awake), anyway thanks for your input, and to anyone want to build new systems, best to get a cheap external card if you can, as the onboard cards just have so many problems

thanks

Thanks, glad you have it figured out, and you have also summed things up well for others trying to leave the video card out of the recipe. I knew there were problems with sleep using the iGPU when I built this machine 2 years ago, but I haven't kept up on the progress with the Intel iGPU's sine. Unfortunately, from your report, it doesn't sound like much progress has been made in this area. I often hear others saying they are using the iGPU, but you never know if they are just using their machines without proper PM/Sleep. I suppose it works fine for some if they just disable sleep and then shut it down every night to save power. But, I'm like you, it has to work properly or I won't be satisfied to use it as my daily driver. Otherwise, I would just use something else that worked properly. If anyone else has these problems sorted with their iGPU, it would be interesting to know.

This is an awesome little machine with the i3-6100 and GTX 950. Performance is much better than most would think. And it is soooo quiet! (part of the reason for coining the HackinMouse name). I were to build a new hack though, I think would go with one of the new officially supported AMD GPU's. Natively supported, no 3rd party drivers required. Here is the link if you haven't seen it yet: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...or-egpu-use-macos-high-sierra-10-13-4.248965/ Might need to wait a bit longer for more official reports from users though.

Thanks, glad you have it figured out, and you have also summed things up well for others trying to leave the video card out of the recipe. I knew there were problems with sleep using the iGPU when I built this machine 2 years ago, but I haven't kept up on the progress with the Intel iGPU's sine. Unfortunately, from your report, it doesn't sound like much progress has been made in this area. I often hear others saying they are using the iGPU, but you never know if they are just using their machines without proper PM/Sleep. I suppose it works fine for some if they just disable sleep and then shut it down every night to save power. But, I'm like you, it has to work properly or I won't be satisfied to use it as my daily driver. Otherwise, I would just use something else that worked properly. If anyone else has these problems sorted with their iGPU, it would be interesting to know.

This is an awesome little machine with the i3-6100 and GTX 950. Performance is much better than most would think. And it is soooo quiet! (part of the reason for coining the HackinMouse name). I were to build a new hack though, I think would go with one of the new officially supported AMD GPU's. Natively supported, no 3rd party drivers required. Here is the link if you haven't seen it yet: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...or-egpu-use-macos-high-sierra-10-13-4.248965/ Might need to wait a bit longer for more official reports from users though.

Yeah, this would be a good example for others. Yes, this setup is pretty fast, faster than my 2015 MacBook Pro.

I'm not sure about an AMD build, yet. I would wait. What you said is so true. People do videos on youtube, saying they have perfect build blabla... But, who knows - they didn't demonstrate any restart. reboot and sleep awake which is the most common issues with hackintosh. In fact, a lot of them do ignore these even talking about these issues. Anyway, I am happy with what I am right now. This will be a good setup for a year.

Hi mots! Thank you for the great build. I couldn't have gotten as far as I have without your detailed guide and commitment to helping others by keeping this guide active.

I have the same exact mobo but running a 6500. I have everything working properly including my GTX 1060. The last thing I need to get right is audio! I can't believe what a pain this is. I can't seem to get audio over HDMI, or through the green port, or through USB. I honestly can't figure out what is going on here. I followed Toleda's guide but it didn't seem to do anything. Is there anyway you could help out?

EDIT: Well I gave up on HDMI audio for the time being and decided to give one of the generic Voodoo drivers a whirl and wouldn't you know, it worked! VoodooHDA v2. 9.0d10 worked using Multibeast!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back