Contribute
Register

“HackinMouse” Skylake H110 Econo Rig | i5-6500 | GA-H110M-A | 16GB | RX560

Status
Not open for further replies.
The installation of High Sierra on my USB Stick was successful. But the installation of macOS High Sierra stops with the following error …

macOS could not be installed on your computer.
An error occurred while loading the installer resources.

IMG2018042_4367179_30026334.jpg

(Image found on this forum - not mine)

What I've tried already:
• every USB 2/3 slot available
• booting the installer with igpu
• erased the SSD (SK Hynix) multiple times (tested with "diskutil list")​

The only thing that is different from my previous "Sierra" installation is my graphics card which is supported by macOS natively. While creating the USB Install Disk I skipped the step for "Graphics Configuration" …

13. (Optional) At Graphics Configuration screen choose the appropriate graphics option for your system and click Continue.

Should I remove my graphics card "nvidia GT710" completely while installing High Sierra? Or is it something else?

I solved the problem by downloading the full copy of High Sierra with macOS Sierra 10.12.6. After that, the installation of High Sierra was successful.

Sadly the Systems feels sluggish under High Sierra. Youtube Videos are stuttering and the overall UI is lagging. It seems that my graphics card is not working probably. The graphics card is listed correctly in system info and the internal gpu is disabled in the bios.

Any advice?

I solved the problem by downloading the full copy of High Sierra with macOS Sierra 10.12.6. After that, the installation of High Sierra was successful.

Sadly the Systems feels sluggish under High Sierra. Youtube Videos are stuttering and the overall UI is lagging. It seems that my graphics card is not working probably. The graphics card is listed correctly in system info and the internal gpu is disabled in the bios.

Any advice?

your hardware should work well with High Sierra, have you install the official Nvidia drivers? if not do that, that should fix it

You are right. Normally that would be a sign for an outdated or false Nvidia driver but my graphics card (gt710) should work oob in High Sierra.

What I've tested so far without any improvements:
• unchecked "inject intel" in clover configurator
• booted with "inject Nvidia"

After further investigation it looks like that my graphics card is working (system info shows the correct information such as name and vram) but cannot handle the new metal or hardware acceleration from macOS High Sierra 10.3.4 very well. If I disable hardware acceleration in Safari and Chrome the apps are working probably without hiccups.

That means I need to upgrade my GPU with a more powerful graphics card. Kind of a bummer because the GPU is supported OOB and is working quite well under HS when Hardware acceleration is off. To summarize everything, I am going back to Sierra.

After further investigation it looks like that my graphics card is working (system info shows the correct information such as name and vram) but cannot handle the new metal or hardware acceleration from macOS High Sierra 10.3.4 very well. If I disable hardware acceleration in Safari and Chrome the apps are working probably without hiccups.

That means I need to upgrade my GPU with a more powerful graphics card. Kind of a bummer because the GPU is supported OOB and is working quite well under HS when Hardware acceleration is off. To summarize everything, I am going back to Sierra.

Get a GTX 750 Ti, its fully compatible, and its cheap enough now days.

Updated to macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G65)
Sorry I haven't updated the thread in a while, been busy and haven't felt the need to mess with my stable 10.13.4 system. This was an easy and painless update from the 10.13.4 Security Update. Audio is good, the system is stable and performing great thus far.

I did the following to update:
  • Updated apfs.efi to 10.13.6 version (replace file in /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/)
  • Supplmental kexts stayed the same as on 10.13.4 (Lilu v1.2.3 and NividiaGraphicsFixup v1.2.5).
  • Left Clover at r4334 (probably need to update this at some point, but I'll wait for 10.14 most likely).
  • Installed 10.13.6 from the App Store.
  • It will reboot and you will need to reboot from the temporary installer icon in Clover a couple times as the update progresses. If the extra installer icon is present in Clover, take it every time until it disappears on the last boot when the update finishes. Then you can choose the normal boot icon for MacOS.
  • After it rebooted into MacOS, I installed the latest Nvidia Web Driver from System Preferences.
    • GPU Driver Version is now 387.10.10.10.40.105
  • Rebooted
  • Updated Nvidia Cuda driver from System Preferences
    • Cude version is now 396.148.
References:

Thanks for the information!

I am also on High Sierra 10.13.6 with an updated Graphics Card (MSI Radeon RX 560 Aero ITX 4G OC 4096 MB). Before updating macOS, I’ve read the important threads to be prepared if something went wrong. Which was a good idea in hindsight, because the Clover update needed some extra attention (see below)

My update Process …

• updated Clover to the latest Build (it is essential that you are installing clover by the "custom installation" option and double check if "AptioMemoryFix-64.efi" and "ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi" is checked. Otherwise your system will not boot)
• deleted the old apfs.efi driver from UEFIDriver64 folder
• Updated to High Sierra 10.13.6 (to get the newest radeon graphics drivers)
• Swapped my old graphics card (gt710) with the new one from msi
• And that was it (no hassle to get the graphic card to work - perfect oob card)

Everything is working so far! (Which includes Sleep/Reboot/Shutdown)

Thanks for the information!

I am also on High Sierra 10.13.6 with an updated Graphics Card (MSI Radeon RX 560 Aero ITX 4G OC 4096 MB). Before updating macOS, I’ve read the important threads to be prepared if something went wrong. Which was a good idea in hindsight, because the Clover update needed some extra attention (see below)

My update Process …

• updated Clover to the latest Build (it is essential that you are installing clover by the "custom installation" option and double check if "AptioMemoryFix-64.efi" and "ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi" is checked. Otherwise your system will not boot)
• deleted the old apfs.efi driver from UEFIDriver64 folder
• Updated to High Sierra 10.13.6 (to get the newest radeon graphics drivers)
• Swapped my old graphics card (gt710) with the new one from msi
• And that was it (no hassle to get the graphic card to work - perfect oob card)

Everything is working so far! (Which includes Sleep/Reboot/Shutdown)

Awesome, glad to see you are still using and liking your system! Keep us updated on the graphic card since it looks like an awesome OOB budget choice for these types of budget systems yet still packs some decent everyday processing power. Honestly, this rig still works so well for me that I have no plans to upgrade to newer hardware any time soon. Two years and still going strong! Let's hope 10.14 is kind to us as well :headbang:

Awesome, glad to see you are still using and liking your system! Keep us updated on the graphic card since it looks like an awesome OOB budget choice for these types of budget systems yet still packs some decent everyday processing power. Honestly, this rig still works so well for me that I have no plans to upgrade to newer hardware any time soon. Two years and still going strong! Let's hope 10.14 is kind to us as well :headbang:
Any news on how to upgrade to Mojave yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back