Status
Not open for further replies.
  1. Please Download the latest version from the website
  2. If there is mounted EFI partitions in your system please unmount them
  3. Then open the binary, and lets see what happens
I have added 3 messages:
View attachment 515254
This will give me some informations
If the app crashs with "illegal instruction" error please send me the crash log file as I explained in post #159

Done!

No EFI partitions were mounted.

Terminal showed this:

HackinDROM-128-C.png

Crash log is attached.

Thanks!

Attachments

• HackinDROM_2021-04-15-114044_BK-MAC-2019.crash.zip
    25.1 KB · Views: 37
@bobmeister
Please open Terminal and enter
Code:
open $TMPDIR
Then check if you have the rights to Read & Write to that folder
Screen Shot 2021-04-15 at 21.19.33.png

(Incidentally: odd how big the folder is compared to yours. Most of that space (260 MB) is: com.getdropbox.dropbox.120.4.4598.)
You really dont need to care about about theses temporary folders and the contents because it is removed by macOS at x random date so we dont have control on it

@bobmeister please try this special version 7, the binary should print more texts now
If it crash please send again the crash log file

Progress! SV7 opens, both when I launch from the binary and from the Finder. However, in both cases, the pop-up menu for selecting the motherboard doesn't work. When I click on the up/down arrows, nothing happens. (The GPU and WiFi pop-up menus work.)

Details:

First I tried the binary. The first window I got was this:

SV7-binary-A.png

When I clicked "Open", the app launched and terminal looked like this:

SV7-binary-Terminal.png

The app window looked like this:

SV7-binary-app.png

It also opened the HackinDROM folder in the "T" folder.

I quit the binary by stopping the Process in Activity Monitor. Is this the correct way to quit? (I also didn't see any other way when launching from the Finder.)

Double-clicking the app icon in the Applications folder gave this slightly-different window:

SV7-app-A.png

But everything else appears to be the same as with the binary.

Thanks, @Inqnuam!

Almost there! SV7 opens, both when I launch from the binary and from the Finder. However, in both cases, the pop-up menu for selecting the motherboard doesn't work. When I click on the up/down arrows, nothing happens. (The GPU and WiFi pop-up menus work.)

Details:

First I tried the binary. The first window I got was this:

View attachment 515291

When I clicked "Open", the app launched and terminal looked like this:

View attachment 515292
The app window looked like this:

View attachment 515293

It also opened the HackinDROM folder in the "T" folder.

I quit the binary by stopping the Process in Activity Monitor. Is this the correct way to quit? (I also didn't see any other way when launching from the Finder.)

Double-clicking the app icon in the Applications folder gave this slightly-different window:

View attachment 515294

But everything else appears to be the same as with the binary.

Thanks, @Inqnuam!
do you have any other issues in opening an app you downloaded from the internet?

Nope! A couple weeks ago, in the course of doing a fresh install of macOS, I downloaded many apps and audio plugins with no problems.
strange, as i just tried it as seeing all your unsuccessful posts, unzipped, moved to Applications folder and it opened up fine

maybe try a couple of other apps downloaded from the web and see how you get on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back