Contribute
Register

Hack Pro Take 2, its time to upgrade (its almost done)

Status
Not open for further replies.
ptmays said:
Having the drives be hot swapable is going to be wonderful and cables drive me crazy, I like a clean case. eelhead I have a G5 case that I did first and would like to redo it later of if you come up with hot swap bays for your I would be interested in how you do it.
I will deff be doing an eelhead mod redux thread lol.
I have found one that fits but I am thinking of building my own or getting a bare cage and going form there. I too hate the cables all about.

eelhead said:
ptmays said:
Having the drives be hot swapable is going to be wonderful and cables drive me crazy, I like a clean case. eelhead I have a G5 case that I did first and would like to redo it later of if you come up with hot swap bays for your I would be interested in how you do it.
I will deff be doing an eelhead mod redux thread lol.
I have found one that fits but I am thinking of building my own or getting a bare cage and going form there. I too hate the cables all about.

This is weird.....that is one of the mod.s I'm working on too! Great minds think alike I guess. My start point right now is from the cooler master 4-in-3 modified a bit.

Well After getting my mobo back from RMA I find out my Custom PSU isn't working lol.
So I have to use my regular PSU and it doesn't fit with the mobo tray they way it is so time for a redesign :D

eelhead said:
Well After getting my mobo back from RMA I find out my Custom PSU isn't working lol.
So I have to use my regular PSU and it doesn't fit with the mobo tray they way it is so time for a redesign :D

Any excuse to play.... :lol:

In response to your G5 with hot swappable drive bay.. well at least plug-able drives, I prototyped up one cage using the G5 drive bay and SATA back planes from another solution.

However I pulled it from my hack because the drives just made too much noise. I am using 2.5 inched drives now.

Neil.

Attachments

• Drv-Cage-front.jpg
    Drv-Cage-front.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 345
  • Drv-Cage-rear-side.jpg
    Drv-Cage-rear-side.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 499
  • Drv-Cage-rear.jpg
    Drv-Cage-rear.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 340
She is almost done, just a few fan wires that will be here tomorrow and wiring power to the front board and she will be ready to test fire.

Photo%252520Aug%25252010%25252C%2525209%25252006%25252040%252520PM.jpeg

Photo%252520Aug%25252010%25252C%2525209%25252006%25252047%252520PM.jpeg

No new parts came today, I will post tomorrow after PO runs.

Ok so its all done, the only thing I am waiting on is Y cables to hook up the water pump and 3 fans. The MOBO only have 2, 4pin fan headers and I have 3 fans and the water pump so the pump only needs 3 pin power and the 3 fans need 4pin speed control power so I have 2 Y cables coming to power the fans. The Push Pull fans on the radiator will be hooked to the CPU fan header so they are speed controlled based on CPU temp and the rear case fan will me on the SYS header along with the pump so the rear fan will be speed controlled based on case temp. And the pump will run at it full speed.

With a little luck she will be running tonight :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back