CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
GT 740
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
My hack froze about a week ago and now I can only boot up in safe mode. usually it would freeze just as I'd click on something, this would happen maybe 1 - 3 times a week with no apparent cause. I mentioned it in an earlier thread, but nobody responded :(

So this last time, I was uploading about 8GB to GoogleDrive, when it froze, I wasn't doing anything else on the computer (meaning I hadn't clicked on anything to make it freeze) and when I boot up now it just loads the grey screen with a cursor and I can't log in. The issue seems to be similar to this thread as in the issue occurred after transferring large file sizes (what's with that!?). I decided to create a new thread as the one I linked to is quite old and may not be as relevant for newer builds.

I tried booting up in safe mode and using Multibeast to reinstall the boot loader, but this has made no difference. I have no experience tampering with Kext files and I'm not sure how they vary from plists. Can anyone help at all? Below is an image from verbose boot, how do I go about understanding what all that text even says?
IMG_0483.JPG

Bumping since I've had zero replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back