Contribute
Register

Hack Desk

@Feartech didn't know you were a Trekkie and a Buddhist..

Screen Shot 8.jpg

OK, it does kinda look like fake buddha carving for tourists to SE Asia.
I wouldn't really know :)

also it says made in China underneath it :)

Switching it up!, probably one of the best desks ever, on top of a mountain some where in upstate NY, I do miss the cables though!. Plenty of new AMD news to digest and a new build thread to maintain. @Stork I bet your desk is awesome, up there with phunguss and middleman.

NODESK.png

As I languish amongst various Hackintosh projects strewn across the desk with a hot cup a tea, my thoughts turn to other desks, specifically @c-o-pr 's!. I think I've mentioned before, I always look forward to reading his perspectives, thoughts and general rants about current states of play within our community. He reads scientific papers!, I bow before you, but what we all really want to see is his desk, are there scientific papers there?, we wait in anticipation.

1026D5A2-66E0-4497-981E-189474756D48.jpeg

Last edited:
Here's my two WCG Dells attached to old 2008 Mac Pro. Across from this is my i9 hack, which after a year of struggling I am finally to getting installed into its case and ready to replace the Mac Pro. Once I cross over there will be no turning back.

(That's an old Epson 4800 with a yellow head cleaning page behind the hack.)

The desktop pictures are from the grounds of the Getty Museum in LA. Hoping to not disappoint @craighazan, I've laid out the only actual paper I have laying around: a vintage copy of New Factors in Sound for Cinema and Television, by Tomlinson Holman; the "TH" in THX :). Not shown: Preview window with an e-copy of Problems in Knowledge and Freedom, Noam Chomsky on Bertrand Russell.

Nerd alert!

I've also been listening to Brian Kernighan blather about programming.

Please enjoy

IMG_3633.jpg

IMG_3628.jpg

Last edited:
My Z370-G build is no longer on my desk... And that's my HP ProDesk 400 G6 Batocera build with the side panel off and a 2.5" SSD taped to the side (temporarily).

tempImagekgzF5P.png

My Z370-G build is no longer on my desk... And that's my HP ProDesk 400 G6 Batocera
What did you settle on for the M1 Max Studio dust filtration ?

Back