Contribute
Register

Hacintosh compatibility with Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP4-TH ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Kongzilla,

Thank you very much! I tried with the DSDT-free and the bootloader checked, but to no avail. Would you use the newer or older bootloader? Does it help to use any of the ACPI-rollbacks? I can't boot in OSX except once right after a fresh partition and new ML unibeast loading.

THanks!

APLuser

Dear Kongzilla,

Thank you very much! I tried with the DSDT-free and the bootloader checked, but to no avail. Would you use the newer or older bootloader? Does it help to use any of the ACPI-rollbacks? I can't boot in OSX except once right after a fresh partition and new ML unibeast loading.

THanks!

APLuser

What are your bios settings? How many drives do you have? I assume you have win7 on a separate hd, when I first installed I had a similar problem to yours until I changed my bios.

Yes,

I am trying this with just one drive now. First I had Win7 on an Munchkin mSATA right on the MB, but then I saw attempts to understand the presesnce of NT drives in a -v boot so I took it out. It is a Samsung Pro 128 GB SSD attached to the SATA3 port P0.

I originally used the optimized BIOS, then I tried your settings from your earliest postings in this thread.

Then I tried your screenshot BIOS exactly and that helped a lot me understand how to overclock, and that got me to multibeast a second time, but then the failure to boot.

December 13th, 2012, 05:52 AM #16

Hi!
I have tried with different settings BIOS installed OS X 10.8.2 Unibeast method.

I can start the installation mode only-X
After the installation I can not boot into OS X only in the -X

Booting in mode-V leads to the Scrin http://yadi.sk/d/kq9Y2U7Y63pbO

My configuration:

GA-Z77X-UP4 TH (rev. 1.0)
GV-R687UD-1GD (Just try to GTX650)
Core-i7 3770

Sorry for my english)))

HELP MY!!!!!

Hi!
I have tried with different settings BIOS installed OS X 10.8.2 Unibeast method.

I can start the installation mode only-X
After the installation I can not boot into OS X only in the -X

Booting in mode-V leads to the Scrin http://yadi.sk/d/kq9Y2U7Y63pbO

My configuration:

GA-Z77X-UP4 TH (rev. 1.0)
GV-R687UD-1GD (Just try to GTX650)
Core-i7 3770

Sorry for my english)))

HELP MY!!!!!
Do you have Intel Virtualization Technology disabled in Bios?

Yes,

I am trying this with just one drive now. First I had Win7 on an Munchkin mSATA right on the MB, but then I saw attempts to understand the presesnce of NT drives in a -v boot so I took it out. It is a Samsung Pro 128 GB SSD attached to the SATA3 port P0.

I originally used the optimized BIOS, then I tried your settings from your earliest postings in this thread.

Then I tried your screenshot BIOS exactly and that helped a lot me understand how to overclock, and that got me to multibeast a second time, but then the failure to boot.

December 13th, 2012, 05:52 AM #16
After you install mulitibeast, are you booting from the usb for the hd?

I tried different options disabled / enabled

Just viewing the BIOS settings of your notice that you have the overclocking settings of CPU and memory.

I have a version of the F9
And the settings of CPU and memory are closed

What is this?

Here's what I got for a downgrade on F10b F9

http://yadi.sk/d/-9cmRz2-6AehE

I've had a substantial amount of luck with the z77x-up4 th, but I'm stuck at installing an ATI 6-series GPU (GA HD 6850).

Set BIOS settings xHCI and EHCI Hand-off to enabled, removed discrete GPU, booted from Unibeast USB stick (boot from non-UEFI boot device, e.g., P0)
Boot USB stick, run OS from USB stick
Install OS
Boot USB stick, run OS from USB stick, use terminal utility, backup and remove AppleIntelHD* from /S/L/E
Boot USB stick, run OS from internal HDD
Run Multibeast, select dsdt-free, non-dsdt alc892 audio driver, lnx2mac realtek network driver, usb 3.0 driver
Reinstall AppleIntelHD* to /S/L/E using kextbeast
Reboot, all working (sleep, sound, network, usb ports, etc.)

But then I went to plug in the discrete GPU and I can only boot in safe mode (-x). I've tried various combinations of PCIRootUID, GraphicsEnabler, AtiConfig, and I always get the same result, endlessly spinning boot wheel on the white screen with the gray apple logo (if I boot -v, it ends in macosx_swapon success).

Things to try are the multibeast appleacpiplatform rollback (install with and without), the multibeast system definition (some say that iMac 12,2 or 13,1 or 13,2 may make a difference vs. the default MacPro 3,1), and something about a AHCISeries7Injector.kext.

Anyone had any luck with an AMD/ATI 6xxx series GPU on UEFI boards?

Hi

Just built my first hackintosh and having some issues. I performed the clean OSX 10.8.4 Install using unibeast on thumb drive and was successful in installing on my 250gb samsung ssd - had to drill down to realize that a UEFI drive wasn't going to work in OS-x

I ran Multibeast a few times to try different settings - the only way I'm able to boot is by -x (safe) mode

I'm seeing in verbose logging:

Apple Intel CPU power management timed out incomplete
CPUID this is an unknown cpu OX3a
sound assertion Apple HDA Codec Generic line 320

At the moment I'm running native video until it gets sorted but read that using peg video solved some ills. May give it a try.

My usb ports are functional though not sure at what speed yet.

Ethernet is functioning have not tried any audio.

One other note is that Multibeast has no "save" function so you know what you tried last time - screen shots I guess - learned the hard way when I tried to use multibeast to load one thing and and had to start all over again!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Build details in my profile

Thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back