Contribute
Register

Hacintosh compatibility with Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP4-TH ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kongzilla,

Could you give me some help. I am running the GA-Z77X-UP4-TH , 16GB RAM, 256 SSD, 2TB, i5 3570K, Nvidia 550Ti 2GB RAM. Its all working, expect for I have bluetooth problems with the wireless keyboard, trackpad and magic mouse. Any advice? Also have trouble with 4 of the USB's not working? The thunderbolt doesn't work hot plugging it only works when plugged in before turned on. Do you have any information on how to make a Hackintosh Fushiondrive? Thanks
Hi Kongzilla, I was looking through posts on the GA-Z77X-UP4-TH, trying to ascertain how compatible it is (do the VIA USB 3.0 ports work or can they be made to work with a workaround?) when I saw your post. I don't know if said motherboard comes with bluetooth on-board but if so it might well not work in OS X. If that is the case, try this USB Bluetooth dongle - many USB Bluetooth dongles are problematical with OS X but this one wakes from sleep IOGEAR Bluetooth 4.0 USB Micro Adapter (GBU521). http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007GFX0PY/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=tonymacx86com-20 I believe version 2 doesn't wake from sleep. Both are referred to in the TM system build list.

Kongzilla,

Could you give me some help. I am running the GA-Z77X-UP4-TH , 16GB RAM, 256 SSD, 2TB, i5 3570K, Nvidia 550Ti 2GB RAM. Its all working, expect for I have bluetooth problems with the wireless keyboard, trackpad and magic mouse. Any advice? Also have trouble with 4 of the USB's not working? The thunderbolt doesn't work hot plugging it only works when plugged in before turned on. Do you have any information on how to make a Hackintosh Fushiondrive? Thanks

What are you using for bluetooth? For my bluetooth I used the Apple A1181 Module and wired it up to one of the usb 2 ports, there are instructions if you want to do this yourself. Hot plugging is not supported for thunderbolt yet, theres a good post on the forum about how to setup a Fusiondrive http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...ion-drive-using-tonymacx86-tools-chimera.html

Sorry for the late reply thanks! Im using the bluetooth for the keyboard, mouse and trackpad they work fine! When I shut down the pc and restart it doesnt work only USB enabled keyboard and mouse always work!!! Any help or tips. I cant buy the targus ACB10US where i live. So i bought a Sitecom one! Is it a possibility to activate the one from the motherboard??? Thanks

thanks ill try it out later!!!

I am using the GA-Z77X-UP4-TH on the latest bios with no problems, everything works great.
I am dying to know HOW have you succeeded with EVERYTHING to work great... !!! I am fighting with this mobo for a couple of days now, without success at all....
1. I cant install without typing dart=0 on the USB unibeast installer
2. after installation I am also trying to log in by typing dart=0 but no joy.... I can only boot and log in with -v -x.
3. Than installing multi beast, with all necessary kexts for z77x up4 th, and after restarting I can again only boot with -x -v

Somehow I managed to start from 10.8.0 and update to 10.8.2 but 10.8.3 is giving me a hard time. And I think the problem is in the power
management. Because if I install Patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement , than I can log in.

hmmm. anybody idea?

I am having a bear of a time getting ML10.8.3 to load at all on the Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP4-TH. I have tried bios 7, 8, 9, 10a, all the same:
Win 7 no problems at all. i7 3770k 16GB 1866 running as 1333. 1 SSD 1 partition.

used all guides, bios settings as rec on these forums,

Unibeast: no problems loading, restart only with -x once, then never again. Instead, it freezes with the spinning circle stopping under the apple when I choose Mountain Lion partition under booting the Memory Stick USB.

The one time I did get to run Multibeast I chose the right audio driver, the fake SMC plus plugins (both) and the realtek LAN driver. I was a little worried about the extra install step because my UP4TH board does not have an 8xxx LAN adapter but rather something called "GbE". The LAN has never worked again.

-v did not shed light but I can report it if it is useful.

Help!

Thanks,

APLuser

I am dying to know HOW have you succeeded with EVERYTHING to work great... !!! I am fighting with this mobo for a couple of days now, without success at all....
1. I cant install without typing dart=0 on the USB unibeast installer
2. after installation I am also trying to log in by typing dart=0 but no joy.... I can only boot and log in with -v -x.
3. Than installing multi beast, with all necessary kexts for z77x up4 th, and after restarting I can again only boot with -x -v

Somehow I managed to start from 10.8.0 and update to 10.8.2 but 10.8.3 is giving me a hard time. And I think the problem is in the power
management. Because if I install Patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement , than I can log in.

hmmm. anybody idea?
Are you still having problems? Did you install a bootloader?

I am having a bear of a time getting ML10.8.3 to load at all on the Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP4-TH. I have tried bios 7, 8, 9, 10a, all the same:
Win 7 no problems at all. i7 3770k 16GB 1866 running as 1333. 1 SSD 1 partition.

used all guides, bios settings as rec on these forums,

Unibeast: no problems loading, restart only with -x once, then never again. Instead, it freezes with the spinning circle stopping under the apple when I choose Mountain Lion partition under booting the Memory Stick USB.

The one time I did get to run Multibeast I chose the right audio driver, the fake SMC plus plugins (both) and the realtek LAN driver. I was a little worried about the extra install step because my UP4TH board does not have an 8xxx LAN adapter but rather something called "GbE". The LAN has never worked again.

-v did not shed light but I can report it if it is useful.

Help!

Thanks,

APLuser

The Ethernet is an 8xxx based lan, I've been using it with no issue. Did you choose UserDSDT in Multibeast? Are you currently able to boot in OSX or was it just that one time?

I just did set up my new hackintosh with a GA-Z77X-UP4-TH (BIOS F9), i7 3770 (without k), 16GB RAM and SSD.
Works for me with igpu and AMD HD4850. Only thing what I am having trouble with is that don't get real usb 3.0 speeds (tried with internal USB 3.0 connector) though it shows up as super speed. - anybody an idea why?!

Regarding beach ball... I had this too

1. Bios settings like in the z77 guide in multibeast installation guide, except that I did set Intel Virt Tech & VT-d to disabled. Then I had no issues to access and no beach ball anymore. For more details chack this guide (http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-lion-desktop-support/65552-intel-usb3-issue-ga-z77x-up4-th-5.html).
2. When I was inside OS X 10.8.3 with unibeast I installed multibeast step by step...
... if you have issue getting into os x with unbeast try with -x flag

Multibeast
- User DSDT or DSDT free --> install and reboot and boot via mac hd / ssd
- Audio: Realtek w.o. DSDT ALC 892
- Trim Patch for 10.8.3
- Fake SMC Plugins
- USB 3.0 Unversal (make the VIA USB 3.0 ports show up)
- Network - Realtek Apple RTL (funny thing, under unbeast network works, when installed user dsdt or dsdt free - network not working, only with this kext)
- system definitions iMac 13,2 (not necessary I guess)
- IOHC storage injector (it was necassary for me since I use an extra pci-e card for two extra sata ports)
After 10.8.4 update I had to reinstall the audio kext but that's it.

---
Update to my problem - it seems that full usb 3.0 are only on the back pannel (intel and via) the front one (connector on mainboard) delivers only 2.0 speeds though it is intel chip set very strange...
If annyboday has an idea - please share!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back