Contribute
Register

[Guide] Z97MX-Gaming 5 | i7 4790K | GTX 970 G1 | OS X 10.11

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have 4 now but this KP and random restart happens even when it never went to sleep from power up.

Its so frustrating when it restarts in the middle of no where without any clue of what went wrong.

I will try to run with 2 for a while and see if that reliefs the issue...thx

My KPs went away when I disabled C5/C6 states in BIOS.
Funny thing is that I found about that in Windows (dual boot), and a few BSODs gave me the clue that something was wrong with the power after waking from long sleeps.
El Capitan has run very smoothly too since the change in power states.

Yes agree on the Gigabyte motherboard memory corruption issue.
See post here, apparently the Beta bios fixes memory corruption issue.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-h...rupted-after-longer-sleep-21.html#post1243015

I just installed F10b version for my Z97X-UD3H and will update to see how it looks.
Note before that I had gone to SMBIOS 14,2 without much joy, don't want to go to 15,1 and mess about with SSDT yet (haven't gotten that far!). But if new BIOS works on current 14,2 settings, then will post back.

NOTE: I also have Wake on LAN enabled as well as a scheduled wake. For now I have turned off deep sleep (was still crashing previously with same mode).

sudo pmset -a standby 0 && sudo pmset -a autopoweroff 0

Hi all,
Great guide, I got my system up and running with minimum trouble.

However, my USB 3.0 ports seem to be flakey - My Seagate USB drive randomly disconnects on the USB 3.0 ports and OSX displays the "unexpectedly ejected" message.

Anyone have this problem?

Thanks.

[Please help] I have the same system. Triple Boot El Capitan (works), Mavericks (only boot in safe mode) and Windows 10 (works).

Can you help me to boot mavericks natively. I need it for my main app.

Can you help me please ? My CPU all the time is 3.40 - 3.50. I do not know how to make it native.. Can someone help me please? I'm new in these things. My CPU is Intel Core i5 4960k

Can you help me please ? My CPU all the time is 3.40 - 3.50. I do not know how to make it native.. Can someone help me please? I'm new in these things. My CPU is Intel Core i5 4960k

The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you

There is no such thing as an i5 4960K - You probably mean an i5 4690K which has a base frequency of 3.5 GHz and a turbo frequency of 3.9 GHz.

http://ark.intel.com/products/80811/Intel-Core-i5-4690K-Processor-6M-Cache-up-to-3_90-GHz

Your post is off-topic in this thread.
You should start a new thread of your own explaining clearly what it is that you require help with.

Last edited:
Good. I have the same configuration as discussed in the thread. For now my system is stable, the only thing I can not get it to work properly Photos me. Each time you start the system automatically restarts.
I repaired the library, and nothing. To say that the library works perfectly on a Macbook Pro genuine.
Use as profile SMBIOS Imac 14.2

Good. I have the same configuration as discussed in the thread. For now my system is stable, the only thing I can not get it to work properly Photos me. Each time you start the system automatically restarts.
I repaired the library, and nothing. To say that the library works perfectly on a Macbook Pro genuine.
Use as profile SMBIOS Imac 14.2

Try turning off XMP in BIOS and see if it prevents Photos from crashing. I had the same problem and was able to get Photos to work once XMP was turned off. I had tried setting the memory timings manually but it did not help. Photos did not crash when RAM was set to 1333 MHz.

The odd thing is that now that I have switched to an Asus motherboard, Photos app is working just fine with XMP enabled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back