Contribute
Register

[Guide] Z/H97N-WIFI with Nvidia Graphics using Clover UEFI Hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• Archivio.zip
    2 MB · Views: 87
Hey VoiletDragon, interesting issue here.

Tried installing Intel Power Gadget to see if the SSDT.aml I generated from pikers script was working correctly.

Intel power Gadget crashes when trying to open if both SSDT-SATA.aml and SSDT-LPC.aml are in Clovers ACPI/Patched folder. If I remove them both Intel Power Gadget opens just fine. I went through all of the ones from your fork one by one and these are the two causing it not to load.

Any idea why? And does Intel power gadget work on your machine?

The only major differences between our machines is that I have an i7 4770k and a standard HDD instead of an SSD. Also I am still using the built in intel wireless card on the h97n-wifi since I haven't replaced it yet though it obviously isn't supported and not really doing anything.

Any idea on what I can do to fix this?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Hi, it says. "Audio input" and "audio input port."
I attached the Clover folder and ioreg file but have not downloaded xcode.

Config looks fine. So does ioreg. How are you enabling audio?

Hey VoiletDragon, interesting issue here.

Tried installing Intel Power Gadget to see if the SSDT.aml I generated from pikers script was working correctly.

Intel power Gadget crashes when trying to open if both SSDT-SATA.aml and SSDT-LPC.aml are in Clovers ACPI/Patched folder. If I remove them both Intel Power Gadget opens just fine. I went through all of the ones from your fork one by one and these are the two causing it not to load.

Any idea why? And does Intel power gadget work on your machine?

The only major differences between our machines is that I have an i7 4770k and a standard HDD instead of an SSD. Also I am still using the built in intel wireless card on the h97n-wifi since I haven't replaced it yet though it obviously isn't supported and not really doing anything.

Any idea on what I can do to fix this?

Thanks!

Don't really use Intel Power Gadget should be fine. You can test PM by using AppleIntelinfo.kext.

Don't really use Intel Power Gadget should be fine. You can test PM by using AppleIntelinfo.kext.

Yeah I did that and I get what appear to be proper states, but I wanted to make sure the CPU throttles down to its low frequency of 800mhz and goes up appropriately.

I'm assuming the SSDT-LPC.aml file has something to do with power states is that right? I seem to get all states without it and sleep/wake but I put it back in the folder anyway.

But I'm not sure why the SSDT-SATA.aml would effect the application and cause it to crash when opening as well. What does this patch do as far as serial ata is concerned?

Either way if I get it to work or not I suppose it's no big deal. The "why" is intriguing though lol.

Yeah I did that and I get what appear to be proper states, but I wanted to make sure the CPU throttles down to its low frequency of 800mhz and goes up appropriately.

I'm assuming the SSDT-LPC.aml file has something to do with power states is that right? I seem to get all states without it and sleep/wake but I put it back in the folder anyway.

But I'm not sure why the SSDT-SATA.aml would effect the application and cause it to crash when opening as well. What does this patch do as far as serial ata is concerned?

Either way if I get it to work or not I suppose it's no big deal. The "why" is intriguing though lol.

No. SSDT-LPc is to patch LPC Controller. SSDT-SATA is to (inject) correct AAPL info.

No. SSDT-LPc is to patch LPC Controller. SSDT-SATA is to (inject) correct AAPL info.

Cool I'll see if I can somehow figure it all out and maybe fix it(doubt it lol). Thanks again for your knowledge and the fantastic guide.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back